Rachel McAdams was one of the stars who visited Variety's studio at Holt Renfrew during the Toronto International Film Festival yesterday. She wore a sexy black and tan Lanvin dress for the event, which also brought out Eli Roth, Jason Bateman, and Paula Patton. Rachel's been in Canada promoting multiple projects, and she hit the red carpet for the premiere of Passion in a sexy black look last night. Rachel's boyfriend, Michael Sheen, joined her, though the duo didn't pose for photos together. He was also there to support Rachel at the debut of To the Wonder earlier this week. We're watching all the celebrities at TIFF, so make sure to check back until the festival wraps up on Sunday.
Mindy Kaling hosted friends and costars at the Roosevelt Hotel in LA last night for a party to celebrate her book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, thrown by Glamour magazine's editor in chief Cindi Leive. She was joined by The Office's B.J. Novak and Jenna Fischer, who were out showing support along with Nicole Richie, Busy Philipps, and Anna Faris. Handsome Men's club members Jon Hamm and Jimmy Kimmel also stopped by the celebration to toast Mindy, who looked lovely in a black and silver Hervé Leger cocktail dress. Mindy took a few minutes to chat with us about her memoir, dating, and how the men in her life have reacted to her advice. She said:
- Mindy on giving relationship advice: "I think I'm always nervous, because I'm just a comedian and I've had like three boyfriends in my life. So when I dispense advice about relationships it's always like mostly tongue and cheek. I just think it's irresponsible [to give advice], but I love the idea of being like Ann Landers to somebody. But for me it's like more about the comedy essays and memoir."
- Mindy on straying from the original title of the book, Contents of My Purse: "The Contents of My Purse is very blog centraled, and more about shopping, which is one of my great passions obviously. After I saw how much memoir it was and how many personal essays and comedy essays [were there], it didn't seem apt. Although, maybe i do have a book in me called Contents of My Purse somewhere."
- Mindy's pick for outstanding men: "Clive Owen is a pretty awesome guy, Sacha Baron Cohen is pretty amazing, who else do I love, and Steve Jobs. Those are pretty universally loved men."
- Mindy on great advice from her mom: "My mom has always said you have to be your own best friend. Which really means like no matter what, you have to be your own person giving you the tough advice when nobody else does."
- Mindy on omitting the chapter about B.J. Novak: "It's very hard because I have a great working friendship and professional relationship with B.J. . . . and I would never want to jeopardize that. . . So maybe one day, maybe when he dies [kidding.]"
- Mindy on how the men in her life have reacted to the book: "My advice is so general, if you really look at it, it's like, 'Offer to help doing the dishes,' and 'Own a pair of dark jeans.' Pretty low hanging fruit — so if you can't accomplish those things you're probably not someone I know."
Lauren Conrad, Lady Gaga, Ryan Seacrest, and Eva Longoria in This Week's Fun and Funny Celebrity Twitter Pictures!
Celebrities were eager to share their entertaining personal pictures on Twitter this week with photos of their work, travel, and play. Lauren Conrad got a closer look at a familiar face, and Lady Gaga fit right in with the men of KISS. Ryan Seacrest stole a moment with David Beckham, and Eva Longoria arrived with pizza in hand ready to party — click through to see all the shots, and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for exciting news and exclusive photos!
The stars of The Vampire Diaries and True Blood attend Entertainment Weekly's celeb-filled party at Comic-Con, where many famous faces told us who they'd choose as their superhero sidekick.
There was a whole lot of Comic-Con action going down in San Diego over the weekend. True Blood's Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer were there on Friday to talk about their series, including the future of their characters' relationship. They also gave a teaser showing what's still to come this season on their show. Will Ferrell was there on behalf of his The Other Guys with Mark Wahlberg, who opened up to us about playing good cop with his kids. Their costar Eva Mendes also chatted with us about the great time she had being funny with the boys.
Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds were there on Saturday for their Green Lantern panel, and his wife, Scarlett Johansson, later appeared with her Captain America costars like Robert Downey, Jr. Pregnant Ali Larter really showed off her baby bump at a Resident Evil: Afterlife press conference, and Natalie Portman kept the cameos coming while talking about her Thor. Kellan Lutz struck a pose at the Wired Cafe and showed off his new hat, while Scott Pilgrim vs. the World's Anna Kendrick hit up a Syfy channel party that night and Vanessa Hudgens partied with her fellow Sucker Punch actresses. BuzzSugar was there covering all the fun from Southern California, so make sure to check out all the reports from the scene!
For lots more pictures from Comic-Con, just read more
Lindsay Lohan joined other starlets like Mischa Barton and Paris Hilton last night for Nylon's 11th anniversary party at the Trousdale club in LA. Mischa recovered from her recent unfortunate pants incident with a gold dress, while Paris stuck with something sparkly alongside her sister Nicky. Seeing LL, Paris, and Mischa out together gives us a flashback to a few years ago, when the trio caused their fair share of mayhem. Paris seems to have her act together now, but Lindsay's still grabbing headlines for her troubles and Mischa's unfortunately doing the same. Lindsay made it another late one — she changed her outfit after the bash to make the party rounds for the second evening in a row, as she continues letting off steam in the wake of her father's announcing his engagement to her former assistant Kate Major.
To see more from the party, just read more
This week celebrities had their cameras ready to share their most unexpected and hilarious moments. Jessica Simpson and Snooki were all about spring-cleaning and hairstyling, while Tom Hanks got a new statue and Robert Pattinson found his number one fan. Click through to see the photos we've gathered, and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for exciting news and photos!
Quentin Tarantino brought his friends together at LA's La Vida restaurant last night to celebrate Inglourious Basterds's eight Academy Awards nominations. He chatted with other famous faces up for Oscars like Maggie Gyllenhaal, who stuck close to husband Peter Sarsgaard. Eli Roth chatted with Neve Campbell, Selma Blair, and Heather Graham, while Ryan Gosling made the rounds still looking hot after his recent trip in Sundance. Anne Hathaway brought along her constant companion Adam Shulman, as she took a break from promoting Valentine's Day.
Anne's on the cover of next month's InStyle to chat about her star-studded movie, though she took a minute to reflect on herself and her looks. She said, "I think I’ve got really weird features. I have very large features on a very small head. But, you know, I’m not going to beat myself up . . . I look like myself, and I think at the end of the day, as nice as pretty is, authenticity is more important." Her looks seem to be doing just fine as far as Hollywood is concerned, especially after all her recognition in 2009 for Rachel Getting Married. Anne's not nominated this year, but make sure to fill out Buzz's Oscar ballot for a chance to win an amazing prize pack!
To see more party photos, just read more