The LA premiere of Nobody Walks brought out a star-studded crowd last night, including the film's writer Lena Dunham and star Olivia Thirlby. Malin Akerman, wearing Hugo Boss, also joined Nicky Hilton and Isabel Lucas. Malin, who's expecting her first child with husband of five years Roberto Zincone, posed for photographers before heading inside the screening. Malin announced that she's expecting late last week, and didn't waste much time before celebrating at Saturday's Environmental Media Awards alongside Ian Somerhalder, Jessica Alba, and Emily VanCamp.
Just because it's Summer doesn't mean you have to completely neglect your boots. In fact, you shouldn't. What you should do is draw inspiration from the likes of Rachel Bilson, Erin Wasson, and Isabel Lucas and pair your boots with your skirts. We love the way Rachel toughened up her bold-colored skirt with motorcycle boots, how Erin finished her party look with black suede boots, and the way Isabel Lucas completed her hippie-chic floral skirt with tan leather boots. Check out five celebrity-approved ways to combine your skirts and boots, then shop the outfits that speak to your style the most.
There is no doubt about it, pairing a minidress with sky-high pumps is super sexy, but when we spotted Isabel Lucas styling her peacock Proenza Schouler frock with badass embroidered knee-high boots at the Met Gala, we couldn't help but fall in love. Although this isn't the first time we've seen this too-cool pairing — Jessica Alba toughened up a floral Heartloom frock with rugged lace-up boots, while Karlie Kloss vamped it up in a purple mini and futuristic black boots — Isabel's minidress and boot combo inspired us to scour the globe for the chicest celebrity dress and boot combos. Step inside to see how 15 trendsetting fashionistas edged up their sexy frocks with killer ankle, lace-up, and thigh-high boots, then shop the trend for yourself!
Heidi Klum, Karolina Kurkova, and Arizona Muse, among others, have revealed what they'll be wearing to Monday night's Met Gala.
Balmain designer Olivier Rousteing told Style.com that he'll be taking model Joan Smalls as his date. Anthony Vaccarello has confirmed he'll be accompanied by Anja Rubik. Jason Wu will attend with Karlie Kloss, and Haider Ackermann will walk the red carpet with Constance Jablonski.
The site has also confirmed another spate of pairings: Roland Mouret is taking Doutzen Kroes; Rachel Zoe and her husband, Rodger Berman, will attend with Karolina Kurkova; Erdem Moralioglu will dress Arizona Muse; and Thakoon Panichgul is taking actress Christina Ricci.
It has also recently been revealed that Heidi Klum will wear a "very very lacy and very very see-through" one-of-a-kind dress by Escada. Chanel's official attendee will be French actor Gaspard Ulliel, face of the brand's Bleu de Chanel fragrance.
Previously confirmed pairings include Alexander Wang and rapper Azealia Banks, who tweeted that she would perform at the Met Gala last week; Proenza Schouler's Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez with Australian actress Isabel Lucas; and Joseph Altuzarra with Lana Del Rey. Coco Rocha will attend with her husband, James Conran, wearing a vintage dress by Givenchy.
The Met Gala will be live streamed for the first time from 6:30-8:30 p.m. EDT on May 7.
Update: Everyone from Sarah Jessica Parker to Giovanna Battaglia has decided what they're wearing tonight. Below, a list of everything we know so far:
- Kristen Stewart will wear Balenciaga and attend the Gala with Nicola Ghesquiere.
- Gwyneth Paltrow will wear Prada. Linda Evangelista will also wear Prada, and will attend as Miuccia Prada's date.
- Renee Zellweger will wear Emilio Pucci.
- Jessica Stam will wear Dior.
- Cameron Diaz will attend with Stella McCartney.
- Lauren Santo Domingo will wear Oscar de la Renta.
- Kate Upton will attend the gala with Michael Kors, who is also dressing Jessica Alba and Liu Wen.
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Lily Cole wil both wear Valentino.
- Amy Adams will wear Giambattista Valli Couture.
- Scarlett Johansson is wearing custom Dolce & Gabbana, but the house will also dress Bianca Brandolini d'Adda, Andrea Dellal, Giovanna Battaglia, and Marpessa Hennink.
- Brooklyn Decker, Liya Kebede, Rashida Jones, and Tory Burch will all wear gowns of Burch's design.
- Kristen Bell and Dee Hilfiger will both wear Tommy Hilfiger.
- Dree Hemingway will wear Topshop.
- Farida Khelfa will wear vintage Schiaparelli.
- Emma Stone will wear Lanvin.
- Stella Tennant, Poppy Delvigne, Astrid Bergès-Frisbey, and Sigrid Agren will wear Chanel.
- Claire Danes will attend the gala with her husband Hugh Dancy and Gilles Mendel. She'll wear J. Mendel, and so will Aerin Lauder and actress Christine Taylor. Taylor will attend with her husband Ben Stiller.
- Burberry will be dressing Cara Delvigne, Jourdan Dunn, Gabriella Wilde, Vanessa Kirby, Douglas Booth, Mario Testino, Casey Affleck, and Roo Panes.
- Prabal Gurung is dressing Greta Gerwig.
Photo: Doutzen Kroes wearing Giambattista Valli to the 2011 Met Gala.
McCollough and Hernandez will be taking Australian ingenue Isabel Lucas, who attended last year's gala as a guest of Louis Vuitton. Lucas's star shines bright in the land Down Under, and it's been getting brighter in the United States since she starred in 2009's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Since then she's also been tapped for Steven Spielberg's miniseries The Pacific and played the role of Athena in last year's Immortals.
The only other designer whose date has been revealed is Joseph Altuzarra, who will be dressing and escorting singer Lana Del Rey. She recently appeared on the covers of British Vogue and French Glamour. This will be her first time at a Met Gala.
Last year, Altuzarra walked the red carpet with Arizona Muse, while Lazaro and Hernandez took Kristen Stewart.
Photo: Isabel Lucas in Louis Vuitton at last year's Met Gala.
Armie Hammer, Hailee Steinfeld, Garrett Hedlund, and Elle Fanning Win Big at the Young Hollywood Awards
Hollywood's up-and-coming talent came together Friday night at LA's Club Nokia for the 13th annual Young Hollywood Awards. The new face of Miu Miu, Hailee Steinfeld, stepped out in a black and white ensemble from the brand to accept the breakthrough of the year honor from her True Grit costar Jeff Bridges. More statues went out to Style Icon Camilla Belle, in a Tom Ford suit, and Star of Tomorrow Armie Hammer, who caught up with his hilarious Parks and Recreation star pal Aziz Ansari. Camilla stuck close by her supposed real-life leading man, Topher Grace. Grey's Anatomy's Jesse Williams was crowned TV actor of the year, while Elle Fanning had her Somewhere director Sofia Coppola's dad, Francis, on hand to witness her film actress of the year honor. Garrett Hedlund had Midnight in Paris star Michael Sheen on hand to pass on the film actor of the year distinction, and the awardees kept the good times rolling afterward with a party. The whole show airs Thursday night on the ION channel.
Isabel Lucas looks like a Greek goddess in this melon-orange Louis Vuitton halter dress. But the pièce de résistance is her intricate gold headpiece, set off by a simple, low-slung ponytail. Coordinating earrings and a metallic purse, as well as a cute bow-shaped button accent, bring it all together. Do you adore Isabel's look?
Vote on all of our Met Gala polls here!
Henry Cavill was announced as the new Superman just two months ago, but at WonderCon today, it quickly became apparent that the handsome hero already has a following. Cavill took the stage along with Luke Evans and Isabel Lucas, director Tarsem Singh (The Cell, The Fall), and producer Mark Canton (300) to present never-before-seen footage from their upcoming mythology action flick, Immortals. Freida Pinto, Mickey Rourke, and Kellan Lutz also star, though they were unable to attend (Lutz unfortunately missed his flight after a Breaking Dawn shoot went until 6 a.m. this morning!).
The movie tells the story of the Greek Perseus, a warrior who gets handpicked by Zeus (Evans) to save humankind from evil King Hyperion (Mickey Rourke). Lutz plays Poseidon, Lucas steps in as Athena, and Pinto costars as Perseus's love interest. But even though the stars were at WonderCon to talk about their new action project, Superman was a very hot topic.
- Canton and Singh opened up the show with a first-ever look at footage from Immortals. The clip showcased Cavill and his crazy physique from training for the role, along with quick moments from other members of the cast (though I didn't catch Lutz in the teaser unfortunately). But more so than the actors, Singh's visual aesthetic is the obvious star of the project. The director said he approached the film as a mix between a Caravaggio painting and Fight Club, but mainly, it feels very reminiscent of 300 — and no wonder, since it has the same producers. The camera shots are artistic and several of the scenes are in slo-mo for maximum dramatic effect.
- One difference audiences may notice is the young spin the film is taking with some of the characters. At only 32, Evans is nearly half the age of the most recent version of Zeus we've seen onscreen (Liam Neeson), but director Singh gave an explanation that actually makes a lot of sense: "If you wanted to live forever, would you want to look like anyone in their 40s or 50s or 60s, like me and Mark, or would you want to look like that?"
For more on the film, plus what Cavill had to say about Superman, read more
Transformers star Isabel Lucas has taken her hair to a lovely espresso shade, but instead of going all-over dark brown, she's added some very blond strands peeking out from under the sides. Conventional wisdom suggests that you should put your biggest highlights at the front to brighten up your face and give your hair fullness, but do you think Isabel's way of going about it works?