Lee DeWyze and his new bride, Jonna Walsh, shared a sweet moment during their wedding in Camarillo, CA, on Saturday. Lee shared his excitement on Twitter, writing, "Beautiful wedding, beautiful girl, just beautiful. We're married!" He later added, "I just want to say thank you so much for all your support and loving words for me and my wife." The duo tied the knot at Maravilla Gardens and drove off in a pale pink vintage car to match the theme of their nuptials. Jonna chose a gown by Lili Bridal while Lee wore a gray suit. He's back in the spotlight after his big win on the 2010 season of American Idol.
Now that the star-studded season finale is behind us and Lee DeWyze is our new American Idol, what's next for the season nine contestants? Today Lee and runner-up Crystal Bowersox chatted with reporters about the whole Idol experience. Read on to see who Lee wants to work with and who Crystal would choose to take Simon's seat.
- Lee on having a drink with Simon at the Idol afterparty: "I did see Simon, and we cheers-ed, and he said congratulations and he told me that he's proud of me and excited to be working with me, and I told him thank you for the opportunity, because you know, without American Idol, I wouldn't have had this platform to start a career on a major level."
- Crystal on who should replace Simon: "Simon is such an epic figure in the show. 'Replace' is not a good word for me. Simon is irreplacable in the sense that he's Simon. He's such a figure. Whoever takes his position is gonna do a great job and bring something new to the show. I think it'll keep things interesting."
- Crystal on losing to Lee: "I woke up on Wednesday morning with a strange feeling inside of me, and I knew Lee was gonna win. And I was fine with that because he's worked so hard and no matter the outcome of this, there's no winner or loser. We're both gonna have great, successful careers . . . I love Lee. Lee is super talented and I would buy his album in a heartbeat. Whatever happens happens for a reason, and I'm extremely proud of him and I'm happy for him."
To read more about the finalists' future plans and who they'd like to work with, just read more
Nicole Richie's practical joke reputation made it hard for Lionel to believe she was pregnant with Harlow, Hugh Jackman hops on a scooter to hang with daughter Ava, and Russell Brand bares his abs and thoughts on working with Britney Spears. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for all the latest celebrity gossip!
- Lee Dewyze crowned winner of American Idol — BuzzSugar
- Condom use increasing according to study — New York Times
- Military to have as much times as it wants to repeal DADT — Huffington Post
- Colombian beauty queen arrested for leading drug ring — BBC
- Duchess Sarah Ferguson to explain her latest scandal to Oprah — People
- Facebook privacy changes, explained — GeekSugar
Photo courtesy of Fox
The time has come once again to crown a winner of American Idol. What started off as a very promising season sadly lost steam along the way — but I still think we've got a pair of super-promising contestants on our hands. Tonight Lee and Crystal will show off their very different musical stylings for the last time, but who is more deserving of the crown? All season long, Buzz editor B has backed Crystal while Editor S is firmly on Team Lee. Check out their arguments for their respective candidates, and chime in with your own ideas about who should go home a winner!
- Editor S: Lee is far and away this season's most improved. He's exhibited real growth and has learned how to be a better performer by listening to the judges and gaining stage experience. I like nothing better than seeing someone green — but with raw talent — slowly mold himself into an Idol. To me, that's what the show is all about.
- Editor B: Mamasox has been a powerhouse all season long. I was blown away by her way back during the auditions round, thanks to her soulful voice and complete comfort on stage. She hasn't changed at all throughout the season. I agree that Lee has improved more, but Crystal has been a performer from the start — why mess with a good thing? When you watch her, it's like you're already seeing an accomplished musician.
To see the other arguments and weigh in, just read more