Even the wealthy and fabulous have low points when it comes to beauty, and recently, several famous ladies have come forward to tell their tales of woe. It's heartening to see stars open up, and their humor and honesty is refreshing. Check out which stars have the same insecurities as the rest of us now.
The Sex and the City 2 gang was out in full force last night in NYC for the first premiere of their film before Thursday's London event. The evening was all about the Big Apple and, of course, the four main ladies and their amazing fashion — Sarah Jessica Parker was in a bright yellow Valentino couture gown with her husband Matthew Broderick by her side, while a similarly neon-wearing Kristin Davis picked a Jean Desses number. Cynthia Nixon opted for black strapless Carolina Herrera, and Kim Cattrall was in a sparkly Naeem Khan. SJP spent a long time signing autographs for the impressive amount of fans gathered at Radio City Music Hall before heading to the blue carpet. Kristin, meanwhile, opened up about reuniting with her costars in the film, saying it was great fun and that she and SJP actually talk all the time!
Willie Garson, aka Stanford Blatch, echoed the sentiment — he told us that he and Sarah Jessica talk on the phone practically every day. His and Mario Cantone's characters tie the knot early on in the movie, and Mario said the whole set was infused with lots of love and happiness with their all being back together. John Corbett looked handsome as ever all suited up, and his longtime love Bo Derek hung behind the reporters just smiling and supporting her man. He said that, despite his SATC fame, he's still able to walk down the street like a regular guy — he and Bo, though, are planning on spending the Summer away from the crowds and off riding horses at their ranch. Chris Noth made it a date night too, with his fiance Tara Wilson scooting into the theater before the crowds got too thick.
Jason Lewis has a brief cameo in the project, and he spoke about being grateful to be included again. He doesn't feel threatened by Samantha's new love interests played by male model Noah Mills and the actor Max Ryan. Noah said that his impressive abs were probably a factor in getting the job, while Max Ryan said he was a little nervous about his required sex scene. Stay tuned for lots more from the exciting, star-studded night on today's PopSugar Rush and don't miss any of our Sex and the City 2 wardrobe, beauty, food, gadgets, and more coverage!
To see LOTS more of the SATC 2 premiere, just read more
- Liza Minnelli covers "Single Ladies" for Sex and the City 2 — The Awl
- Dating rules that can help you succeed at work — YourTango
- Boyfriend talks to female friends too much — Em & Lo
- "21 things I wish I'd known when I was 21" — The Frisky
- Why does this BF always comment about his "size"? — GuySpeak
- Would you rather date an outdoorsy guy or a city slicker? — Glamour
VH1 Divas: Miley Calls Kanye Disrespectful, True Blood's Sam Takes on Twilight's Jacob, and Paula Channels Ellen!
The star-studded VH1 Divas kicked off last night at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, and new diva-inductees like Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks, Miley Cyrus, and Kelly Clarkson walked the red carpet in their glamorous gowns. Lauren Conrad and Whitney Port looked gorgeous and sparkly, and we'll have more on LC's possible LA Candy movie deal later. Miley weighed in on the Taylor/Kanye incident, calling him out as disrespectful. Kelly also had some things to say about it as well as the Paula/Ellen change on American Idol. Sam Trammell, who plays Sam Merlotte on True Blood, also told us he thinks his shape-shifter character could take on Taylor Lautner's Jacob — check out the interviews below!
Paula Abdul opened the night with a surprise performance and jokingly introduced the live show saying "I'm Paula Abdul and this is NOT American Idol." Later in the night she came out dressed as Ellen DeGeneres, dancing across the stage before saying "All kidding aside — [I have] nothing but love for Ellen, and I wish you the best of luck and congratulations on your new gig." There were many performances and duets to enjoy, like Jennifer Hudson and Stevie Wonder, as well as solos by all the divas like Jordin Sparks. Check out our interviews with Miley, Kelly, and Sam after the jump, and stay tuned for more from PopSugar Rush on the night's events!
To read the interviews and see TONS more photos, just read more
Back in 1919, famed makeup artist Max Factor invented false eyelashes to enhance the dramatic performances of leading Hollywood starlets. Since then, there's been a bevy of lashes from which to choose, with Shu Uemura leading the industry in the most fashion-forward styles. (Even I've gotten in on the action.) These "lotsa lashes" looks are always quite memorable. Who can forget Twiggy's batting lashes or Madonna's notorious $10,000 mink-and-diamond pair? See more now.
Back in the late 1970s and early 1980s, Studio 54 was the place to be. During its heyday, the Manhattan discothèque was notorious for its jet-setting crowd of celebrities and socialites, and among other things, its reputation for drugs and illicit sexual liaisons among some of those in attendance. All hedonism aside, it was also an era where fluffy hair, lots of makeup, and sparkled accessories reigned supreme. Check out some of these trendy hair and makeup stylings, along with a few more shots of other famous disco-goers, now.
Neil Patrick Harris donned a shiny tux and a big smile, hosting the Tony Awards last night at Radio City Music Hall in NYC. Broadway veteran John Stamos and newcomer Anne Hathaway were among the stars who stepped out to present awards. Dolly Parton, Stockard Channing and Elton John took the stage, as well as Bret Michaels who injured himself during the big opening number. Liza Minnelli beat out Will Ferrell's George Bush impersonation for Best Special Theatrical Event — see all the winners here — but Will didn't seem to mind as he and the rest of the audience enjoyed a night filled with music and laughter.
- Though many people thought The Soloist (and its lead actors, Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr.) would be up for Oscars this year, Paramount has pushed the movie's release from Nov. 21, 2008 to March 13, 2009. — Variety
- Hugh Grant is bowing out of the romantic comedy Lost for Words due to differences of opinion on the script. — ComingSoon
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles has been picked up for a full second season. — Broadcasting and Cable
- Hope Davis and John Mahoney are joining the cast of In Treatment. — Zap2it
- The Grammys nominations announcement will be an hourlong TV special this year, airing Dec. 3 on CBS. — Billboard
- Survivor host Jeff Probst has created a new reality show in which dying people live out their final wishes. — Entertainment Weekly
- Liza Minelli is returning to Broadway for two weeks in December performing a show called Liza’s at the Palace. . ! — Variety
- Luke Grimes has been cast as Ryan on Brothers and Sisters. — E! Online
Radio City Music Hall was bursting with stars of the stage last night at the 2008 Tony Awards. The glitz and glamour were everywhere as some of the biggest names in Broadway came together to celebrate each other. Mary-Louise Parker was a highlight as usual, though I'm not sure what to say about the Counting Crows' Adam Duritz on her arm. Instead, I'll just get more excited that Weeds is back tonight! Alec Baldwin always looks dapper all dressed up, while Daniel Radcliffe made a surprise appearance before he makes his (naked) Broadway debut. Whoopi Goldberg — wearing Christian Siriano! — hosted the evening, helping hand out the biggest awards to In the Heights for best musical and August: Osage County for best play. Check out the full list of winners here.
To see more from the Tonys including Harry Connick Jr., Gina Gershon, Daniel Radcliffe, Taye Diggs, Liza Minnelli, Patrick Stewart, and many others just read more
- Russell Crow tops Forbes magazine's list of the most overpaid actors in Hollywood, followed by Nicole Kidman, Jim Carrey, and Will Ferrell. I bet they would have rather been on the Golden Globe Nomination list instead. — Forbes
- And the winner of ANTM is . . .
- Liza Minnelli collapsed on stage during a performance in Sweden on Wednesday and has returned to the US for medical treatment. Hopefully she gets better soon! — AP
- The dormitory matron accused of harassment at Oprah's South African girls school has had her trial postponed so that she will have time to meet with her lawyer. We're sure Oprah is all for a fair trial, but she would probably like to see justice served quickly so the school can move on. — Reuters
- A book of magic tales handwritten by Harry Potter author JK Rowling sold yesterday for $3.98 million at auction in London, the highest price paid for any modern manuscript. That is what we call some serious fandom. — Reuters