Miley Cyrus wore a short, tight, and revealing cutout dress for her first red carpet as an engaged woman in LA yesterday evening. She was out for the Australians in Film Breakthrough Awards, where her fiancé Liam Hemsworth was among the honorees. Miley wore Australian designer Zimmermann for the occasion and of course accessorized with her engagement ring. Miley tweeted about this week being "filled with happiness," which had some wondering if she and Liam were planning on getting married already, but perhaps she was just excited for their first official appearance together since he popped the question. Liam has recently been shooting on location in New Orleans and Miley popped by on her way to take care of her own work in Miami. Miley showed off her bikini body at the pool in Florida and she was once again flaunting the results of all those afternoons at Pilates when she slipped into this revealing dress last night.
Charlize Theron and Salma Hayek partied for a good cause earlier this week, supporting the many charities of billionaire Richard Branson at his "Rock the Kasbah" gala in LA. Both ladies chose black for the event and while Salma was more covered up than usual, Charlize showed off her hard-earned tan in a one-shouldered dress. After posing for photos, Charlize took the stage to speak to the crowd with a big smile so it seems like her legal troubles aren't getting in the way of her fun.
To see more from Charlize and Salma's charitable evening just read more
Mischa Barton has gowns galore on hand for her trip to Cannes — she's been quite the red carpet queen for the beginning of the festival. Yesterday she posed with Lily Allen at the GQ Party for How to Lose Friends and Alienate People after the Nosebleed cocktail party. After this, though, it's not back to LA for this starlet — she moved to Paris. She said, "I've just always wanted to move there. I'm enjoying some time off." Considering most of Mischa's post-OC movies have been a bit of a bust, maybe some time off and away is just what she needs.
To see more from the parties including Gillian Anderson, Simon Pegg, Natalie Imbruglia and others just read more
Fresh from looking radiant in white at the photocall and talking about her twins, Angelina Jolie got decked out in green for the Cannes premiere of Kung Fu Panda. The soon-to-be mom of six posed with Brad and hammed it up with her costars Jack Black, Lucy Liu and Dustin Hoffman on the red carpet. Eva Longoria really seems to be enjoying her time at the festival; girlfriend loves a photo op. All her older kiddies got special advance viewing from mom at home so obviously skipped the big premiere, but for today it was about the two new Jolie-Pitts coming our way.
To see a lot more of the red carpet including Angelina, Brad, Natalie Imbruglia, Rachael Leigh Cook, Jack, Dustin, Lucy, and others just read more
- Big win for Barack Obama last night at the Iowa caucus. He won with 38 percent followed by John Edwards and Hilary Clinton. On the Republican side Mike Huckabee beat Mitt Romney, despite the former Massachusetts governor out spending the Arkansas one by millions of dollars. Britney may have stole their thunder, but we bet both campaigns are still celebrating right now as they head to New Hampshire. — CNN
- Pamela Anderson will be proceeding with her divorce from Rick Salomon after all, as she served him with divorce papers on Dec. 28. Not too shocking considering her solo NYE in that too-revealing dress. — Us Weekly
- Natalie Imbruglia and husband Daniel Johns, of the band Silverchair, are separating after four years of marriage because they "have simply grown apart." So sad to hear this couple is "torn" apart! — Reuters
- It looks like those twins J Lo is expecting might be a girl and a boy, as her friends are shopping for baby items in both blue and pink. Somehow we have a feeling that the wardrobe of J Lo's children will go beyond just blue and pink. — Page Six
- Jay Leno was scolded by the Writers' Guild yesterday after the monologue he used on Wednesday's show violated their rules. He (a union member) admitted that he wrote it beforehand and did the same thing again last night. Sounds like he may not have much respect for the strike after all. — People
- Some details in The Great Debaters, which claims to be based on a true story, were changed in order to make the film more compelling. For example, in the film Denzel's debaters face off against a team from Harvard, but they were actually from USC. Hardly seems like a scandalous lie considering other things Hollywood has fabricated in the past.— Page Six
Some lucky ladies (and a few men) came out in London last night to view the Chanel Métiers d’Art Collection — check out gorgeous photos of the pieces here. Of course, beautiful little Emma Watson was front and center for her favorite fashion house alongside fellow fashionistas Thandie Newton (who will literally not miss a party these days) and Claudia Schiffer among others. From looking pretty adult to looking perfectly age appropriate here, Emma Watson is quickly becoming a favorite starlet. Checking out new Chanel and schmoozing with some of the most respected actresses and models in the world? Not a bad way to spend a chilly December night.
To see more from the party including Lily Allen, Natalie Imbruglia, Emma Thompson, Thandie, Claudia and others just read more
It may have been UK GQ's Men Of The Year Awards last night in London, but it was all eyes on the ladies - some of our favorite supermodels in particular. Helena, Elle and Naomi all looked as smoking hot as they did at the peak of their fame - lucky, lucky. Claudia Schiffer recently said she thinks the Supermodel is dead because of the prevalence of actors/starlets in ads and on magazine covers, but it doesn't feel that way looking at these fabulous stars. Plus, could anyone ever live up to this era of models? Their younger peers are busy making names for themselves at New York Fashion Week but these are some big stilettos to fill.
To see more of the party guests like Lily Allen (who probably should have checked on the sheerness of that dress before leaving the house), Rosario Dawson, Kanye, Elton John and others just read more
A performer mimes Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn." There's not much more that needs to be said, really, but don't say I didn't warn you.