When it comes to selling a fragrance, models are often frolicking through fields or seducing men, but Sofia Coppola created the perfect balance of sweet, fun, and sexy for Natalie Portman and Miss Dior. The playful film features Natalie in gorgeous Dior dresses and accessories and feminine makeup, all to the soundtrack of Grace Jones singing "La Vie en Rose." Now if only we could score that wardrobe every time we spritzed on Miss Dior.
Natalie Portman and her husband, Benjamin Millepied, took their son, Aleph Millepied, for an afternoon out at Huntington Botanical Gardens in Pasadena on Saturday. It's a favorite stop for the Millepied-Portman clan — they've been there many times since relocating to the West Coast last year. Another move is ahead for the family of three. Benjamin will head the Paris Opera Ballet starting next year, and they'll all relocate to his native France for the job. Natalie's no stranger to working in France herself. She's the longtime face of the French brand Dior's makeup line, and she can be seen in their new ad for Diorshow mascara.
Natalie Portman and her husband, Benjamin Millepied, stopped for lunch together in LA today. The husband and wife met up with friends for soup and salad during a cloudy afternoon in Southern California.
Natalie and Benjamin have spent much of their time recently shuttling between NYC and LA but are planning a move back to Benjamin's native France in 2014. Benjamin will head the Paris Opera Ballet beginning next year. Ballet first brought Natalie and Benjamin together during the filming of Black Swan. Benjamin served as the choreographer on the film, and he and Natalie, who eventually earned an Oscar for her role in the thriller, announced both their engagement and baby news in late December 2010.
- British Vogue editor, Francesca Burns, revealed via Twitter that the magazine will launch a teen edition, Miss Vogue, this May. [Racked]
- Meanwhile, Hearst Magazines International will debut Elle in Australia this October. [Fashionologie Inbox]
- Artist Julie Verhoeven — who has previously collaborated with Mulberry, Louis Vuitton, and Versace — has designed an exclusive print (above) for the Investec Derby to appear on cashmere picnic blankets. [Vogue UK]
- Now's your chance to show off your style chops — Vanity Fair is now accepting pictures of its readers for possible inclusion in its annual International Best Dressed list. [The New York Times]
- David Koma, Holly Fulton, and Michael van der Ham have all received the British Fashion Council's Fashion Forward sponsorship for 2013. [Vogue UK]
- Mark your calendars: the Barneys New York warehouse sale will start on Valentine's Day. It is yet to be confirmed whether or not the sale will also be online. [The Shophound]
- Chiara Ferragni and Susie Lau are just a few of the bloggers who will be revealing Loewe's collection of handbags for Moda Operandi, which is now available online, on their websites. [Moda Operandi]
- Ford Models has shuttered its kids division after restructuring its New York office. [Page Six]
- Morgans Hotel Group will partner with Scoop NYC to style its guests for New York Fashion Week. [She Finds]
- Will Natalie Portman soon be wearing a beret? Her husband, Benjamin Millepied, the former principal at New York City Ballet, has just been named the director of dance at the Paris Opera ballet. [The New York Times]
All the bits fit to print here, in our daily news roundup.
Natalie Portman arrived for a flight at LAX wearing sunglasses and an all-black ensemble yesterday. She was headed out of town just as news broke that she'll be making a more permanent home overseas. Natalie and her family are moving to Paris, since Natalie's husband, Benjamin Millepied, was named the new director of dance at the Paris Opera Ballet. His official duties don't start until September 2014, but the role may mean an earlier return to Benjamin's home country. Natalie, Benjamin, and their son, Aleph, have visited France before as part of their many travels. Most recently, the trio popped up in Texas, where Natalie filmed the still-untitled Terrence Malick movie with Ryan Gosling.
Natalie Portman was out and about in Santa Monica, CA, yesterday, toting an oversize bag and sporting an all-black look. The actress — who gave birth to her son, Aleph, last July — is back home after shooting in both Texas and London last Fall and Winter. First, Natalie got to work on a new untitled Terrence Malick project that also stars Rooney Mara and Ryan Gosling in Austin, TX. That film likely won't hit theaters until 2014, but fans will get a chance to see Natalie back in action this Summer in Thor: The Dark World. Natalie shot the sequel alongside Chris Hemsworth in London in November.
Natalie's break from the big screen since 2011 hasn't impacted her earning ability or star power. The Black Swan star and Oscar winner landed the top spot on Forbes's list of best actors for the buck, which was released just before the New Year.
Natalie Portman took Aleph out for a walk in Beverly Hills yesterday. The actress carried her son as well as a hiking backpack loaded up with a water bottle. Natalie is fitting in some well-deserved family time after a busy year of shooting. She spent the past several months filming with Michael Fassbender for the still-untitled Terrence Malick project and the new Thor sequel with Chris Hemsworth. Her hard work has been paying off, since she was recently named one of Hollywood's best actors for the buck by Forbes magazine. Other actors that made the list include Oscar nominee Bradley Cooper and Kristen Stewart.
This year, some of the world's biggest stars tied the knot, including Drew Barrymore, Anne Hathaway, and Natalie Portman. A handful of weddings took us by surprise, including the marriage of Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, which they managed to keep quiet until after the fact. Others, we'd been looking forward to for years, like Matthew McConaughey's wedding to the mother of his children, Camila Alves. With so many adorable and adoring couples making things official in 2012, it's hard to pick a favorite duo, but let us know which celebrity newlyweds were tops in your book.
Don't miss out on all our Best of 2012 coverage across the PopSugar network!
Whether they were on a beach vacation or lounging by the pool with friends, lots of our favorite female stars made time to flaunt their bikini bodies this year. Sofia Vergara took the top honor in our 2012 Bikini Bracket, but there were several other ladies who were hot on her heels. Bar Refaeli spent most of the last 12 months in a swimsuit, as did a bevy of bikini-wearing actresses including Halle Berry, Jessica Alba, and Natalie Portman, who showed off her postbaby body in a black two-piece. We also saw the toned physiques of more hot moms like Miranda Kerr, Jennifer Lopez, and Gwen Stefani. It may be hard to choose, but we want to know — which sexy star gets your vote for hottest bikini body of 2012?
Be sure to check out the rest of our Best of 2012 coverage across the network!
Natalie Portman was on the London set of the Thor sequel, called Thor: The Dark World, today. Her leading man in the franchise, Chris Hemsworth, has been spotted in costume wielding his famous hammer this week too. Work on the action movie comes after Natalie spent time shooting opposite Michael Fassbender in Austin. The project with Michael required that Natalie Portman go blond, but she's now back to her natural brunette hair. Natalie's thrown herself into new endeavors this year, also working with Christian Bale on Knight of Cups.