David Duchovny and Natascha McElhone cuddled up for a stroll on the set of Californication in Venice Beach yesterday. The actors are currently working on season five of the Showtime series, and it seems a reunion may be in store for their characters since David and Natascha were also spotted making out on the beach for the cameras Wednesday. David and Natascha had a break from their tumultuous onscreen relationship during their hiatus, giving him time off to attend basketball games and charity events. He was on hand in Santa Monica on Sunday for the Pedal on the Pier fundraiser, which is usually held in NYC's Central Park. David also lent his celebrity to help keep the dog population under control by encouraging people to sterilize their pets. Natascha, meanwhile, enjoyed a few months off with her three sons back near their London home base.
David Duchovny filmed scenes for Californication with Natascha McElhone in LA yesterday. It looks like bloodied-up Hank got into some trouble with the law as he was handcuffed on set. David's been hard at work on the newest season of his show, but he keeps the weekends reserved for beach time with Tea and their kids.
To see more photos of David just read more
- Mr. Blackwell, a designer and the creator of the Worst Dressed list, passed away yesterday due to complications from an intestinal infection at age 86. — FabSugar
- Mark Wahlberg's Max Payne scored the top spot at the box office with $18 million. Beverly Hills Chihuahua and The Secret Life of Bees came in second and third place, respectively. — BuzzSugar
- When asked by a reporter, David Duchovny's tennis coach, 28-year-old Edit Pakay, said she won't deny that she had an affair with him. The two met a year ago, and a source said they have been physically intimate for at least six months. — Daily Mail
- Madonna's rep said Madonna and Guy Ritchie's divorce has not been settled yet, despite reports to the contrary. — AP
- Travis Barker was released from the Grossman Burn Center in Los Angeles, just as he predicted. — Us Weekly
- Natascha McElhone gave birth to her third child with her late husband, Martin Kelly, who passed away five months ago. — The Mirror
- Lil Wayne said he's expecting his baby son to be born "any day now." — People
- Ted Kennedy was released from Massachusetts General Hospital today, after having been diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor yesterday. Doctors say the Senator has "recovered remarkably quickly" from his biopsy. — Huffington Post
- Last Friday, Dylan McDermott filed for divorce from wife Shiva Rose after almost 13 years of marriage. The couple have been separated for over a year. — People
- Lou Pearlman is headed to jail for 25 years for money laundering and conspiracy. — TMZ
- Martin Kelly, a cosmetic surgeon married to actress Natascha McElhone, was found dead on his doorstep last night. Natascha, pregnant with their third child, was filming in the US when she heard the news, and is now returning home to Britain. — UK Daily Mail
- Dancing With the Stars picked a winner last night! Are you excited about the final outcome? — E! Online
- Friends are worried that Lily Allen's constant partying is getting out of hand. She's in Cannes but instead of dressing up and going to premieres she's clubbing and being kicked out of yacht parties. — Page Six
The first episode drew in a decent 550,000 viewers, but the following three episodes have done better, and about 90 percent of the audience for "Weeds" is sticking around to watch the plight of Hank Moody. Ratings data also shows the series appealing equally to both men and women. A dozen episodes have been ordered for the second season, and The Hollywood Reporter is saying it will begin production in April for a premiere next summer.
I haven't seen the show since the first episode, but I just ordered Showtime this week, so I'll be catching up with my own little "Californication" mini-marathon soon. In the meantime, have any of you been watching? And is another season of Duchovny as Hank good news for you?
Photo courtesy of Showtime
Based on just one brief video clip, I was excited enough about David Duchovny's new Showtime comedy, "Californication," to name it one of my top 10 reasons to keep your TV on this summer. Showtime has now released a longer, movie trailer-style preview for the series, and it's just made me even more excited to see the show for myself.
In "Californication," Duchovny stars as a self-destructive novelist who's managed to thoroughly wreck his relationship with his girlfriend and finds himself living a life full of drugs, drinking, and general bad news while not-so-secretly pining for his old, more stable situation. Duchovny looks to have a great touch with comedy, but my favorite part of this preview is Madeleine Martin, the young actress who plays Duchovny's daughter; she gets all of the best laugh lines in this clip. To watch for yourself, read more