All the bits fit to print, here in our daily news roundup.
- Nicolas Ghesquière's first tweet features a picture of a Star Wars stormtrooper helmet. [Twitter] Thank you to all of you for such a fantastic welcome ! twitter.com/TWNGhesquiere/… — Nicolas Ghesquiere (@TWNGhesquiere) January 4, 2013
- Tory Burch became a billionaire in the settlement agreement she reached with her ex-husband, Chris Burch, on New Year's Eve. [Bloomberg]
- Louis Vuitton has tapped fashion illustrator Kerrie Hess to create paper dolls inspired by the brand's Spring 2013 collection. [Fashion Foie Gras]
- Hanne Gaby doesn't pack much — or at all — before going on a journey. Unless, of course, she's headed off to Fashion Week. [i-D Online]
- Montblanc will open a pop-up shop at the St. Regis Hotel in Washington DC during President Obama's inauguration festivities. [WWD]
- What do Heidi Klum, Marc Jacobs, and Karl Lagerfeld have in common? They're all 5'10". [Racked]
- Macy's lawsuit against Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and J.C. Penny is set to go to trial next month. [WWD]
- In the latest issue of Elle UK, Anja Rubik reveals that a picture, at its most basic level, is about sexuality. [Modelinia]
Those stories and more here, in our daily news roundup.
Georgina Chapman is expecting a baby with husband Harvey Weinstein this spring. [Page Six]
Nicolas Ghesquière has joined Twitter.
Watch out, Anna Wintour, the next great editor-in-chief could come from Glossi, a social media platform that allows users to create their own online magazines. [On The Runway]
Lady Gaga bought 55 items belonging to Michael Jackson at a recent auction. [New York Daily News]
Michael Kors has donated $1 million to his alma mater, FIT, to establish a scholarship fund. [WWD]
Victoria's Secret Model Jacquelyn Jablonski appeared next to Angel Behati Prinsloo in a guest spot on Hawaii Five-0. [CBS]
Just in time for Design Miami, Louis Vuitton has revealed its Objets Nomades collection, which is comprised of 16 travel-inspired pieces. [T Magazine]
Pierre Hardy has opened its first eboutique. [Fashionologie Inbox]
The first issue of CR Fashion Book, which hit newsstands in September, has completely sold out. Expect the second issue to drop in February. [FashionEtc]
Amanda Hearst can't resist a colorful clutch, especially if it's vegan. [YouTube]
If you're still thinking about nabbing a piece from the Maison Martin Margiela for H&M collection, now is the time to do it — the pieces just went on sale. [The Shophound]
Kimberly Cutter of Brides has been appointed executive editor of Harper's Bazaar. [Daily Front Row]
Remember the backpack Damien Hirst created for The Row? The adorned backpack is one of a small collection created by Hirst for the brand and Just One Eye. [Refinery29]