Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka stepped out last night for the Art Los Angeles Contemporary 2011 Opening Night event with Brothers & Sisters actors Rachel Griffiths and Gilles Marini. The pair left twins Gideon and Harper at home while they enjoyed the colorful exhibit. Neil had his latest break from shooting How I Met Your Mother, while his costar Cobie Smulders was across town at a stylish Elle party with Rachel Zoe. NPH also had off last weekend, when he headed to San Francisco for the annual SketchFest to interview Muppet creator Jim Henson's son Brian. Neil and Brian have another common bond, as NPH's small-screen buddy Jason Segel is singing, acting, and dancing alongside Amy Adams in the new movie about Henson's famous puppets. Neil may get the opportunity to show off his own performance skills should he make another surprise musical appearance at this year's Oscar ceremony on Feb. 27.
Rachel Griffiths took a break from her motherly role on Brothers & Sisters to join her real-life kids Banjo and Adelaide at a friend's birthday party in a Santa Monica park yesterday. Her youngest child, Clementine, didn't join the group for the bash, where Rachel also mingled with pals. She's on a break from filming her aging TV show, and she might get even more time off if the series doesn't get picked up for another season.
Stars from the fashion world, Hollywood, and the art scene came together in LA on Saturday night at the MOCA's Artist's Museum Happening. The evening was sponsored by Chanel Fine Jewelry, and the design house dressed starlets including Mila Kunis, as well as BFF and Baby costars Rachel Bilson and Kate Bosworth, and Kirsten Dunst for the event. Gwen Stefani also wore Chanel as she walked the carpet hand-in-hand with Gavin Rossdale. Rachel Zoe arrived fashionably late with her own husband, Rodger Berman, and sparked a new round of pregnancy rumors in a dress that appeared to show off a small baby bump. Her former co-worker, Brad Goreski, chatted on the way in, saying that since he and the superstylist have gone their separate ways, he's taking advantage of being his own boss by hitting the gym any time he wants. Stay tuned to today's PopSugar Rush for even more interviews and highlights from the soiree!
To see more from the event, just read more
Cookie magazine promises "All the best for your family" and this month, they were right on the money with mama Rachel Griffiths gracing their final cover. While the Australian beauty looks classy and beautiful in the glossy print, it is her outlook on parenting that has me in awe of the career mama. The laid-back yet hardworking mommy shares a beautiful life with her husband, son and two young daughters. As the sage sister on her popular television show, Brothers and Sisters, it is only fitting that she imparts words of wisdom on parenting that every mum should hear:
Motherhood is defined differently here... Child rearing reaches a different level of stress and self-immolation. In Australia, I don't think women stay up all night baking cupcakes for their kids' bake sales when they're a lawyer working an 80-hour week, just to prove they're a good mommy. You just stop at the 7-Eleven and buy the cupcakes. And no one would judge you for it.
The woman from down under could teach a lot of us a thing or two about motherhood. Make sure to check out Cookie's last November issue for tips on a stress-free Thanksgiving!
A mother of two on her hit series Brothers and Sisters, actress Rachel Griffiths is now one up on her character Sarah. The talented actress and her husband Andrew Taylor welcomed a daughter to their growing brood. The baby girl will be joining her one-year-old sister Adelaide Rose and a five-year-old brother Banjo Patrick.
Congratulations to the family! Check back for an update on the name.
- Rachel Griffiths expecting a brother or sister for her children — Celebrity Baby Blog
- Jeremy London and his family pose for the paps — Celebrity Baby Scoop
- Too much mama — Fit Pregnancy
- Why Facebook is good for yourself — Heath
- Beware the sound of games — Parent Dish
- Censoring your blog — Momversation
- Should we all lighten up about Barbie? — Alpha Mom
- Hotel for Dogs game giveaway — CafeMom
- The best time to have kids . . . young or old? — The Poop
- Kelly Osbourne came to her man's defense and slapped someone back in August 2008. She went with her lawyers to the police and is out on bail for "common assault."— Us Weekly
- Beyone Knowles revealed she will be singing "At Last" for Barack and Michelle Obama's first dance after the inauguration tomorrow night. — Entertainment Tonight
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop debuted at the top spot at the box office this weekend with $33.8 million, and Gran Torino continued its success at number two. — BuzzSugar
- Amy Winehouse is still on vacation in St. Lucia but announced that she won't let Blake Fielder-Civil divorce her because she still loves him. — PopSugarUK
- Patrick Swayze checked out of the hospital following his pneumonia diagnosis last week. His rep wouldn't specify how he was doing but said he was "well enough to have been released." — AP
- Jeremy Piven's rep spoke out against a grievance filed by his Speed-the-Plow producers, saying their claims are "absurd and outrageous" and reiterating that he dropped out because of his high mercury levels. — E! Online
- Brothers & Sisters actress Rachel Griffiths announced she is expecting her third child with her husband Andrew Taylor. — People
Brothers & Sisters hasn't been gone as long as some of the other shows that went off the air during the strike — we spoiled fans of the Walker family got to see an original episode in February, after all. But when the show went off the air, it seemed like a lot of big things were about to happen, so I'm frankly relieved that it's finally returning.
While I'm excited about many of the upcoming developments in the B&S universe, I'm a little worried about others — particularly the dynamic the writers have been setting up with Rebecca and Justin, though they recently assured E! that the resolution will be better than viewers imagine. (For some reason, I have shades of Shonda Rhimes promising Grey's Anatomy viewers that she wasn't following the rules of TV right before bringing Meredith back from the dead — once bitten, twice shy?)
On the other hand, I've been loving most of the other Walker siblings' stories — especially the ever-lovable Kevin and his dating issues. (There are plenty of juicy spoilers out there about where his story might be going, and while I won't mention them here, well, go here and scroll down.) Plus, watching matriarch Nora Walker wade into romance again has been a great argument for showcasing interesting, complex middle-aged characters in primetime. That sounds like it will continue tonight, as Nora reacts to a life-altering offer from Isaac.
Which Walker stories are you digging most this season? To check out a sneak peek from tonight's episode, plus a recap of the series narrated by Rebecca, just read more
Musicians, actors and supermodels joined Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton to celebrate the opening of Takashi Murakami's new exhibit in LA. Marc was still rocking the blue hair from Kate Hudson's party on Saturday night, but sadly he left his cheerleader costume at home. Also, debuting a new hair color was Christina Ricci, who lightened up her jet black locks. Bella wants to know which you prefer — light or dark haired Christina? And speaking of hair, isn't Portia looking a little too Rachel Zoe? The busiest man in showbiz, Ryan Seacrest, found time to support Marc and Takashi. In not so shocking news, Kanye West performed at the party...because he will literally perform anywhere these days...someone hire him for a company holiday party please.
To see more James, Marc, Kanye and the supermodels just read more
With today's news that Freddy Rodriguez is joining the cast of "Ugly Betty," nearly every actor who played a main character on "Six Feet Under" is now back on TV somewhere. Here's a look at where the Fisher and Diaz folks have ended up:
- Peter Krause (Nate Fisher) will star in ABC's "Dirty Sexy Money" this fall as Nick George, an attorney who takes over his father's role as counselor to the absurdly wealthy Darling family.
- Michael C. Hall (David Fisher) has reinvented himself as a blood spatter analyst-turned-serial killer in Showtime's "Dexter," for which he already received a Golden Globe nomination.
- Lauren Ambrose (Claire Fisher) has been cast as Parker Posey's sister in "The Return of Jezebel James," a Fox comedy from "Gilmore Girls" creator Amy Sherman-Palladino that is currently scheduled to air as a midseason replacement.
Lots more — including Rico's new role — so read more