Judd Apatow's series Freaks and Geeks may have had a short life, but it certainly packs a lot of star power into just 18 episodes. Aside from the stellar central cast that includes James Franco, Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, and Busy Philipps, the walls of McKinley High School were home to a ton of soon-to-be familiar faces. I recently rewatched the series in all its glory and couldn't believe how many up-and-comers I found. Check 'em out, and watch their Freaks and Geeks scenes.
Starlets were out in force last night to celebrate Nylon's special TV issue. 90210's AnnaLynne McCord and Shenae Grimes posed on the carpet, as did Melrose Place's Jenna Dewan. Anna Paquin is the magazine's cover girl, and she was the center of attention as she chatted with her fiance and True Blood costar Stephen Moyer. While his next project is the vampire movie Priest with Cam Gigandet, Stephen and Anna gave an interview appearing in the upcoming issue about their HBO show and their views on nudity and sex. Here's more:
- Anna on her nude True Blood scenes: "I don’t think a naked body is particularly shocking or interesting. . . . It’s not the culture I was raised in. I was not brought up in the United States. I don’t share the [attitude] that you can have graphic violence, but — God forbid — you see someone’s nipples."
- Anna on going blonde for her role: "I don’t look like a Barbie doll, and probably never will. People are incredibly literal in how they view you. You have dark hair and pale skin? You must be brooding. The second you dye your hair blonde and get a spray tan, people treat you as if you’re a bit stupider and happier. Suddenly, it’s like you’re hot and sexy."
Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves kicked off their Earth Day festivities last night with a party at the Malibu Lumber Yard grand opening. With the constant trips to the beach and traveling around in their Airstream it seems like MM and Camila are teaching Levi to love the earth already so it's no mystery why Matthew earned a place on our 15 Favorite Eco-Loving Celebrities list this year. Joining the couple out last night were other green stars in neutral colored clothing like Mena Suvari, Vanessa Minnillo and Angie Harmon.
I haven't been writing much about it, but Dirty Sexy Money has been working its way up to a place on my must-watch list. The presence of Peter Krause as idealistic attorney Nick George helps, but he's not the only good thing about the show. In fact, I'm most drawn to the wealthy, dysfunctional Darling clan Nick works for, from secretive patriarch Tripp Darling (Donald Sutherland) to his spoiled starlet daughter Juliet (Samaire Armstrong).
So far, I've enjoyed the over-the-top soapy elements of the show (a photo shoot with lions! a catfight over bangs!) more than the overarching story of Nick's quest to find out who killed his father, who had been the Darlings' lawyer before his death. But I have a feeling the two are going to collide quite nicely in tonight's episode, when Nick and his wife head to Italy to look for clues and end up running into Karen Darling, who never quite knows when to keep her mouth shut. Meanwhile, Letitia finally admits to Tripp that she had a long-running affair with Nick's father — a little secret Nick accidentally spoiled in last week's episode. So much drama! Are you also getting sucked into this saga? To check out two clips from tonight's episode, just read more
- Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married? took the number one spot at the box office this weekend. The Game Plan was finally knocked to number two, which was probably not part of... the game plan. - BuzzSugar
- Diddy is under investigation for allegedly punching a man in the face in a disagreement over a woman during a night out in New York. Diddy just can't seem to stay out of trouble these days. - Page Six
- Dirty, Sexy Money star Samaire Armstrong has checked into an outpatient treatment facility in order to receive treatment for "personal issues." It sounds better than ending up in the hospital for exhaustion. Hope she gets well soon. - Us Weekly
- Elisabeth Hasselback plans to take maternity leave from The View starting in early November in preparation for the birth of her second child. Something tells us that the drama surrounding that round table will find a way to go on even without her. - People
- Vanessa Williams just signed a reportedly unbelievable $20 million contract to keep being a celebrity spokesperson for Proactiv. Shhh, don't tell Jessica Simpson this makes her $3 million deal look a little weak. - Extra
ABC closed the TCAs with an all star party that included the Cashmere ladies, Big Shot men (more on them soon) and gorgeous newlyweds Jerry O'Connell and Rebecca Romijn. The happy couple stayed by each others sides as long as they could before reporters attacked and them and asked them about their various shows on the network. My favorites of the night were Dylan McDermott and Angie Harmon who seemed to be having a fun time together even though her husband, Jason Sehorn was there by her side as well. The Private Practice cast came and once again we are excited about Taye Diggs returning to TV. During their panel, Shonda Rhimes exposed lots of secrets for both PP and the upcoming season of Grey's. Click here to see what's in store.