Skyfall is landing in theaters this week, and we've got Bond on the brain. The franchise hit a significant marker this year, celebrating 50 years since Sean Connery first uttered, "Bond, James Bond," in the series's first film, Dr. No. Connery may have been the first, but he's only one of six actors to portray the special agent. With reigning champ Daniel Craig set to reprise the role as 007 in two more upcoming films, we're looking back at all the big-screen Bonds. Check out their most memorable moments, and let us know who you'd want to be saved by.
Johnny Depp was the guest of honor last night as the Bahamas International Film Festival organized a special tribute in his honor at Nassau's Balmoral Club. He's fresh off a trip to Japan to promote Public Enemies, but yesterday's ceremony was about his long and varied career. After accepting a fish-shaped award and a portrait of himself, Johnny said a few words in his typically humble way. "Whenever anybody says they are going to give me some kind of award, I'm always a little stupefied by the notion. The first thing I say is 'Why?'" Johnny said. "I just go to work like anyone else, except my job happens to be a little stranger."
To see lots more Johnny, just read more
- Can you match the famous hair with the TV star? — The TV Addict
- Apparently, Alan Rickman is already mentally prepared to play the hookah-smoking caterpillar in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.
- Can you match the famous hair with the TV star? — The TV Addict
- Apparently, Alan Rickman is already mentally prepared to play the hookah-smoking caterpillar in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. — Popwatch
- Joss Whedon says Dollhouse is going great; too bad he sounds miserable. — Vulture
- The stars of Zack and Miri Make a Porno have a funny/strange conversation with Ben Lyons. — E! Online's Lyons Den
- Hey, it's new promos for Nip/Tuck. — TV Squad
- Sean Connery says he's definitely retired from acting on the big screen. — MTV Movies Blog
- Congrats to the bloggers and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia writers who just sold a pilot to Fox! — Give Me My Remote
- What are some movies that shouldn't have scared you. . . but did? — Cinematical
Fresh from a weekend on the set of Yes Man, Jim Carrey went out with Jenny McCarthy for AFI's Night At The Movies presented by Target in LA. They weren't the only stars out for the red carpet — Keanu Reeves kept it typically dark while Cameron Diaz had that in love smile on her face though no hot Paul by her side. Plus at the end of those long legs were some adorable polka dot shoes. The event included simultaneous screenings of 12 classic American movies with introductions from their stars — Jim went on stage to talk about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Keanu for The Matrix, Cameron for There's Something About Mary and on and on from Dustin Hoffman to Mike Meyers. Sounds like a perfect way to take in a Wednesday night at the movies taking a walk down memory lane joined by some of the world's biggest stars.
To see over 30 more photos from the event including Dustin Hoffman, Warren Beatty, Cameron Diaz, Mike Meyers, Jodi Foster, Sean Connery and others just read more
Last night was opening night for the Metropolitan Opera in New York City and star Renée Fleming wore Christian Lacroix, Karl Lagerfeld, and John Galliano. The She even has a fragrance, handed out to concert goers, called La Voce by Renée Fleming which benefits the Met. Populism and opera may be a concept we can get behind.
Alice Temperely has given birth to a son Fox London Temperley von Bennigsen Mackiewicz just five days after her Spring 2009 show. Fox, the first child for Temperley and her husband Lars von Bennigsen, was born in London at 9am on Saturday, September 20.
Louis Vuitton seems to have quite the sense of humour with their "core values" campaign. First it was former Mikhail Gorbachev Russian president now its men who pretend to spy on the Russians. Sean Connery may have just sat for Annie Leibovitz. We suppose Ian Fleming's version of James Bond would be very into nice luggage as an idea. In other strange combinations news Sonic Youth's bassist Kim Gordon is making a line for hip moms. May be kindly suggest they check out Kirna Zabete newly launched ecommerce site? They are the only store to sell Lanvin online!
Coach Inc.’s president and executive creative director Reed Krakoff outearned his boss Lew Frankfort by a two to one margin. Let's here it for well paid creatives. Perry Ellis and C&C California are adding swimwear. Times are tough for weavers, textile manufacturers at Milano Unicaare concerned about the weak dollar.Gap has purchased Athlete for $150 million
Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas. A gloomy one.
Macy's is getting behind Rwanda's basket weavers with a partnership to help sell their products with a program called "Path to Peace Baskets". Paul Kagame, the first democratically elected president of Rwanada, in town for UN General Assembly Meetings attended a reception to celebrate the event on Monday.
In addition to doing a mean impersonation of former prez Bill Clinton, Darrell Hammond does a hilarious Sean Connery. What could make it funnier? Make him a contestant on Jeopardy who can't play for shite, but who loves to mock Alex Trebek. (This is the first time I've heard someone call someone else a "brigand" as an insult!) It's comedy genius. Just ask CasaSugar who said to me, "I have to stop watching cuz I'm almost puking." Almost puking from laughter! Now that's an endorsement.
- After months of speculation, ABC decided not to renew Isaiah Washington's contract on Grey's. In response Isaiah made this statement: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore." We'll actually miss Dr Burke but ABC probably did the right thing to keep the off set drama quieter next season. As for that anger management rehab Isaiah took, looks like he still needs some help- BuzzSugar
- Richie Sambora is the latest celeb to check himself into rehab to be treated for alcohol abuse. Somehow we think he'll take it a little more seriously than the young starlets. - US Weekly
- George Michael will not serve any jail time for his DUI. If you remember, George was arrested last year after he was found passed out in his car at a traffic light. He must be excited about his Freedom! - People
- Paula reveals a new side in her upcoming reality show, Hey Paula. In the first episode she yells at her assistants for forgetting to bring her sweatpants to the airport and is under the impression that everyone is constantly mistreating her. Sounds like a hit! - Gatecrasher
- Sean Connery says he will not be revising his role as Indy's father in the fourth installment of Indiana Jones. He's having too much fun being retired. We're sure Shia and Harrison will be able to carry on without him! - The Hollywood Reporter
Bond Girl Ursula Andress (Pussy Galore) and James Bond's Sean Connery (not sure who the heck he is here)