Celebrities across the globe have been embracing florals, and while one might think the feminine print is reserved for flirty frocks and skirts, these 15 celebs prove the blooming trend works with casual and edgy pieces for day and night. It's no secret Spring is associated with vibrant colors, shorter hems, and eye-catching prints, which is why Hollywood's hottest are flourishing in florals. Whether you take your cue from Lana Del Rey in a pastel sweater and floral skinny jeans, rock Spring-worthy shorts with a sweet-cum-sexy blouse like Shenae Grimes, or go bold in blooming trousers and a textured topper like Olivia Palermo, this trend can easily work with items already in your closet. Step inside and see how these fashionistas styled their floral bottoms, then shop our widgets to snag the perfect pair for you.
Salma's Valentina Dances at Disneyland, Jessica Simpson's Funniest Moments, and Andy's Presidential Dreams
Salma Hayek watches daughter Valentina dance in a Disneyland parade, we take a look back at Jessica Simpson's funniest onscreen moments to celebrate her birthday, and Andy Samberg reveals who he wants in his next Saturday Night Live digital short. Plus, our reviews of Predators, The Kids Are All Right, and Despicable Me.
Salma Hayek watches daughter Valentina dance in a Disneyland parade, we take a look back at Jessica Simpson's funniest onscreen moments to celebrate her birthday, and Andy Samberg reveals who he wants in his next Saturday Night Live digital short. Also, be sure to follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for all the latest celebrity gossip!
Andy Samberg has Bill Clinton on his wish list for Saturday Night Live digital short collaborators, which may not be too high of a hope now that he is nominated for another Emmy.
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie hit the red carpet at last night's LA premiere of Inglourious Basterds, and the fun-loving cast kept the good times rolling with a bash at the Mondrian Hotel afterward. Diane Kruger's main man Joshua Jackson is up in Vancouver, but she mingled with Harvey Weinstein as BJ Novak chatted with Mindy Kaling and Melanie Laurent. Eli Roth struck a pose with Angelina, who was part of the festivities after missing out on the cast's recent party in Berlin. She and Brad make time for one-on-one date nights, but they also clearly enjoying letting loose with co-workers and friends.
To see more from the party, just read more
Pulchritudinous Aussie Sophie Monk was making the rounds in LA this week in a very Spring-ready ensemble. I've been seeing more and more denim dresses in stores and even though they remind many people of being 12 years old, I like the look when done right. Sophie chose a smocked jumper style and teamed it with some sky-high Michael Kors sandals and a pop of red (wallet). Even though she's sporting a few trends at once, her look is still approachable and very LA casual. Hopefully new squeeze Ryan Seacrest will approve as well.
- Members of the Writers Guild overwhelmingly voted to accept the new agreement with Hollywood producers, meaning that the writers' strike is officially over. They're returning to work today, so let the countdown to your favorite shows begin! — BuzzSugar
- Barack Obama and John McCain swept their parties' primaries yesterday in Virginia, Maryland, and DC, giving Obama enough delegates to pull ahead of Hillary Clinton. While the Democratic race is still neck-and-neck, things look pretty good for John McCain. — CitizenSugar
- Despite pressure from family and friends, Janet Jackson has no plans to marry Jermaine Dupri, saying she "might be allergic to marriage." With two failed trips down the aisle behind her, it seems reasonable to be hesitant about a third. — The Insider
- Mary-Louise Parker and Jeffrey Dean Morgan are engaged. We've been gunning for these two all along — congrats to the happy couple! — The NY Daily News
- Joel Madden's brother Benji has split from his fiancée, Australian singer Sophie Monk. Looks like baby Harlow isn't getting an aunt just yet. — The Daily Telegraph
It was a big night down under as Aussie celebs came out to celebrate the Australian Film Institute Awards in Melbourne. Cate Blanchett was in from Sydney, where she recently showed off her baby bump at a premiere, along with Eric Bana, who won the best actor and people's choice awards. Tara Reid, already in Australia to host parties at a discounted rate, scored a last-minute invite, saying, "I always pop up everywhere in Australia, like a jack-in-the-box." We have to say, Tara looks pretty tiny in her possibly pleated/bubbled LBD and watch out Australia — you never know where she'll be appearing next.
To see more Aussies at the AFI Awards including Sophie Monk and Delta Goodrem just read more
When Sophie is not hanging out with her fiance's famous brother and his girlfriend (Joel Madden and Nicole Richie), she hits the pavement for a run.
I love seeing people taking a minute for themselves to go for a run, but I can't understand why she's got so much junk with her. If you're like Sophie and suffering from the must-have-my-stuff-at-all-times syndrome, here are some ways to free your hands (and your mind) during your next run.
- Instead of a clutch, think about getting a fitness caddy for your small personal items, cell phone, water bottle, etc.
- Really looking to downsize? Then get a Nike Running Wallet.
- Instead of holding onto your iPod, try a Sport Armband.
- Instead of regular old jogging gear, think about getting some stuff with iPod and cell phone pockets built into the clothing. I love Mari Dade's iPod clothes for this.
- Instead of wearing big bulky earphones that are soaking up the sweat, think about getting some small ear buds with adjustable sizes like the Creative Zen In-Ear Earphones.
Take it from me, you'll get a lot more out of your run if you are not constantly fumbling around with everything you're holding in your hands.