- Election day is today, and people across the country, including Barack Obama and John McCain, are heading to the polls to cast their vote for the next president of the United States. — CitizenSugar
- Reverend Jesse Jackson spoke at the family of Jennifer Hudson's funeral yesterday, and Fantasia sang a gospel song during the service. Jennifer kissed her mother goodbye at the church. — AP
- Ken Paves is fine after he was rushed to the emergency room and had nine stitches due to being hit in the face by a paparazzo's camera. — Us Weekly
- Keanu Reeves was cleared of all charges yesterday, brought against him in civil court by a paparazzi who claimed the actor had hit him with his car. — E! Online
- The Bachelorette's DeAnna Pappas has called off her engagement with Jesse Csincsak, he revealed in a video on their website yesterday. — Deanna and Jesse
- Justin Long and Tila Tequila were spotted all over each other and making out in an LA nightclub on Halloween. — Page Six
- Charlize Theron has settled her $20 million lawsuit with watch company Raymond Weil, although details of the settlement remain undisclosed. — TMZ
Just a couple of days ago, Lindsay Lohan was publicly voicing how much she missed Samantha, and last night the ladies were back together for the grand opening of the Apple Lounge in LA with the likes of the Hilton sisters. Lindsay showed off her fabulous and more natural hair color, while Samantha seemed insistent on keeping her grouch face plastered on. It might not have been an act for the cameras considering Lindsay's ex-boyfriend Calum Best, of the infamous sex tape rumors, was also hanging around. While Samantha is long used to the gossip about her relationship, it can't be fun to hear rumors that Lindsay's been flirting with boys all over town.
To see more from the party, including Calum Best, Christina Milian, and Simon Rex, just read more
Last week TMZ captured Tila Tequila outing herself for not practicing safe sex. As we all know, STIs are running rampant. They are not something that should be taken lightly, or even joked about for that matter, which is why I'm pretty surprised that someone who is in the public eye would make a comment like that. Of course, she's entitled to live her life however she feels fit, I just think she's setting a poor example for her fans. I'm using Tila as an example here, but the truth of the matter is that even though we know the potential risks, men and women alike are still engaging in unprotected sex all the time — so what gives? Understanding that we all make mistakes, tell me ladies, what's your excuse for having unsafe sex? And if you don't, why do you think so many people do, despite the danger?
Justin Timberlake left his lady at home but still made a cute pair with Mike Myers at the premiere of The Love Guru in LA last night. New mom Jessica Alba also had to sit this one out, but her costars were more than willing to take care of the talking, joking, and funny faces. JT dished about getting another acting role under his belt but made it clear that music is still his passion, saying, "I'd love to be a two sport athlete, if you're asking me what I'm hoping for. I don't think I could ever walk away from music." It's nice to hear the pop star won't be leaving his first love, especially since lately it seems he's enjoying the opportunity to play such well-endowed characters.
Lots more to see, including Romany Malco, Verne Troyer, and Mariska Hargitay, so just read more
- According to NME, MC Hammer is starting a Web site dedicated to dance videos.
- Sacha Baron Cohen may play Abbie Hoffman in Stephen Spielberg's next movie, The Trial of the Chicago Seven, according to Variety.
- ComingSoon reports that Tyler Perry will play a role in JJ Abrams Star Trek movie.
- The New York Daily News reports on a contest where the winner is named the Ultimate Couch Potato.
- Tila Tequila will date again on MTV, TV Week reports.
- Madonna's directorial debut, Filth and Wisdom, will premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival, writes Billboard.
- Saturday's NFL game between the New England Patriots and the New York Giants is now the season's most-watched TV broadcast with 34.5 million viewers, according to MediaWeek.
- The St. Petersburg Times reports on the death of the TV theme song.
MTV rang in the New Year with another star-studded party in their studio overlooking Times Square. Not only did the revelers have a prime spot to view the ball drop, but they were treated to performances by Kid Rock (with Rev Run), Mary J. Blige, Good Charlotte and more. I guess that means Joel didn't get to start the new year with a kiss from Nicole, but I'm sure he'll make up for it back in LA. Cutie VJ Damien Fahey looked dapper in his three piece suit for the big night. The hostess of the party was Tila Tequila, who took the opportunity to announce that her first shot at love didn't work out and she's doing another season of her reality dating show. Who's excited?
To see more from the party including Mary J. Blige, Wyclef Jean, Kid, Rev Run, Damien, Joel and others just read more
Tila Tequila, the MySpace
phenomenon sleaze, has ridden on Paris Hilton's bedraggled and infested coattails all the way to her own reality television show, where sixteen men and sixteen women have a shot at "love" with the famed bisexual. The Soup spoofs this alleged bisexuality (eh—I'm sure it's of the Girls Gone Wild, let's titillate straight men variety) and imagines all the permutations that TT love could take...