Those stories and more here in our daily news roundup.
- The Municipality of Florence will award Suzy Menkes the Fiorino d'Oro — an award for contributions to the city — during the upcoming Pitti Uomo men's trade show. [WWD]
- If rumors are to be believed, Vogue has tapped Beyoncé for its March 2013 cover. [HuffPost Style]
- Over 100 retailers, including DVF, Helmut Lang, Marc Jacobs, and Tory Burch, are offering postholiday markdowns on select merchandise. [Racked]
- Many retailers hope their new promotions will make up for a lower-than-expected holiday shopping numbers. [WWD]
- In related news, Maison Martin Margiela has relaunched its website. [MMM]
- It's official: Terry Richardson is making a documentary about Lady Gaga. [Fashionista]
- Phillip Lim's pop-up store in Hong Kong, which opened its doors last week and will stay open for 10 months, is the brand's first temporary space in Asia. [3.1 Phillip Lim]