Since first dates usually revolve around a meal, it's important to pay attention to what you eat, how you eat it, and how it'll affect you later in the night! November's issue of Cosmo touched upon mastering a first date, and named six foods to avoid in order to do just that. Check out their six below, and six of my own too!
- A messy plate of spaghetti with tomato sauce
- Escargots with butter and garlic
- Deep-fried anything
- A salad with low-fat dressing on the side
- Three-bean chili
- Barbecued chicken wings
To see the six foods I would avoid on a first date, just
- Steamed crab — or any kind of shellfish that requires the use of your hands
- A burger or sandwich that's too big or sloppy to eat gracefully
- Indian food — the smell of curry stays with you
- Strawberries, poppy seeds, or anything that could easily get stuck in your teeth
- Anything too spicy for your own good
- Onion rings, onion soup, or anything with raw red onions in it
What foods do you typically avoid in a first date?