- Get into the giving mood by volunteering together at a local homeless shelter, soup kitchen, or other cause you both care about. It's easy to get swept up with vacations and holiday parties as the month progresses, but this way you get a head start remembering what these seasons are really about. And helping others will bring the two of you closer together.
- Snuggle up by the fire with a warm beverage and watch some of your favorite holiday movies together. Nothing gets me in the mood for Christmas like Elf.
- If you're hosting any holiday dinner parties, start planning your menu with your significant other and do a trial run together. With a warm oven and a glass of wine, the kitchen can be a cozy, romantic place to be for a date night in.
- Take a lazy weekend stroll with a cup of cocoa or cider down a local city street and window shop together. Find an area that's dressed up for the holidays and give each other not-so-subtle hints on what's on your wish lists. Maybe end the date ice skating at a downtown rink?
- If you're a couple on a budget and still want to make your abode festive for the coming months, turn on some holiday tunes and get to crafting with some DIY decorating projects.
Do you have any more date ideas to add?