I've always felt that being organized and neat helps in every other aspect of my life. If my house is in shambles or my to-do list is multiple pages long, anxiety starts to kick in and everything else suffers as a result. If you're the same way, it might be time to get a head start on your Spring cleaning. Now I'm not just talking about scrubbing your floors and clearing out your garage; I'm talking about getting your life in order so you can successfully put Winter behind you and move forward toward Spring! Check out my five tips.
- Start by cleaning out your desk drawers and removing all the clutter from your counter tops. Throw away all that lose paperwork you don't need and start a new filing system to organize the things you do need. It's key for everything to have a home.
- Get rid of all your old cosmetics, lotions, perfumes, and medications, as they all have expiration dates. To get ready for Spring, be sure to load up on allergy medication, sunscreen, conditioner, razors, and self tanner.
- Store all your Winter clothes or put them in the back of your closet and drawers. If the temperature is about to change where you live, this would be the time to swap out your heavy Winter comforter for your lightweight sheets and blankets.
Want to see my other tips? Just
- Go through your closet and make sure your Spring/Summer clothes don't need cleaning or alterations. If they do, take care of it now so you're ready for the warm weather when it arrives!
- If you've been putting off repairs or repainting your bathroom, now's the time to do it. Ask your friends for help or just dedicate a day to tackle the chore yourself. Pump some tunes and reward yourself at the end of the day for a job well done!