I've already been bombarded by friends telling me that they're suffering from post-holiday blues, and to be honest, I'm feeling it a little too. When it's dark and cold outside it's easy to get down, but there are some really fun things we can all look forward to this January. Check out my list below and if you think I've missed something, add your thoughts in the comments section — the more things to look forward to the better!
- Even if you're not a sports fan, football playoffs are a fun excuse to get out of the house and meet new people, especially if you're single!
- Most of us have a long weekend to look forward to just two weeks away — Martin Luther King Day falls early this year, Jan. 19.
- Weekends away during the Winter can be just as fun as any Summer vacation. Bundle up and hit the slopes (or the lodge) and enjoy the snow while you can.
- Most of us know someone with a January birthday, so blow it out this year! It's easy to hermit after the holidays so don't let your friends get the short end of the stick — make it a big celebration and get back into the swing of things before you get stuck in a rut.
- If you need another excuse to celebrate, plan an inauguration party and watch history being made with close friends and family.