Being late happens from time to time, but if it's your norm, it can make other people feel that their time isn't respected or valued. Since perpetual lateness can be irritating for those waiting for you, I've come up with five tips on how to be more punctual.
To check them out,
- Set your clocks and watch 10 to 15 minutes ahead, but don't rely on those extra minutes; that defeats the purpose!
- Ask your friends and family to fib when telling you what time to be somewhere.
- Start your day a little earlier so you can get everything accomplished and feel less rushed.
- Be organized. If you typically waste time looking for your keys and your cell phone, designate a place for them every time you walk into your house.
- Don't multitask while trying to get somewhere — being distracted is sure to make you drag your feet.
For all of you on-timers, how do you make sure you're prompt?