Staying true to New Year's resolution is not easy, but it can be done. If you're struggling with the pledges you made, check out my five tips below for being successful in your 2009 resolutions.
- Lean on your loved ones for support. If you can, ask a friend to pledge the same resolution you did and turn it into a friendly competition!
- Leave yourself notes around the house, at work, and in your car to remind yourself of the commitment you made.
- Don't give up if you skip a day of working out or if you cheat on your diet. Use your slip up as ammo to do better the next day.
- Keeping a resolution takes a lot of dedication and hard work, so reward yourself on a weekly basis — if you can look forward to a payoff, chances are you'll be more successful in reaching your goal.
- Keep pushing. It's hard to break a bad habit, but if you stay dedicated and on track of your success, it'll be easier to make your resolution more of a new way of life rather than a quick fix.
Do you have any tricks to keep your New Year's resolution? If so, tell us your secrets below!