- NY Man Demands Estranged Wife Pay Him For Kidney — A Long Island surgeon embroiled in a nearly four-year divorce proceeding wants his estranged wife to return the kidney he donated to her, although he says he'll settle for $1.5 million in compensation.
- Masked Man Waits in Line to Rob Bank — Wearing a ski mask, a 24-year-old man waited in line before he robbed an Ohio bank. Police arrested him after a brief car chase, explaining that bank robbers don't usually wait in line.
- Policeman Attacked Using Own Patrol Car — An Australian outback policeman was pelted with rocks and beer bottles and his stolen patrol car was used to try and run him down.
- PETA Asks Spearfish High School to Change Name to Sea Kitten High School — A PETA spokesperson says that children should be taught to refer to fish as "sea kittens" to show that fish are individuals just like cats and dogs. The animal rights groups thinks a name change could mean fewer fish killed for food or sport.
- After Three-Hour Standoff Outside Shed, Police Find No One Inside — Salt Lake City police officers were in a three-hour standoff with themselves. After a woman said a man was in the shed with a gun, officers secured the area, and evacuated neighbors. Despite the tipster's suspicions, they eventually found nobody inside the shed.