Editor’s note: The following is a guest post written by Jodi Lipper and Cerina Vincent, authors of How to Eat Like a Hot Chick, How to Love Like a Hot Chick, and the upcoming Live Like a Hot Chick. Today they're discussing ways to love your body.
- Get Down with Downward Dog: Practicing yoga will not only sculpt your biceps like Madonna’s, but will do wonders for the relationship between your mind, body, and spirit. Every time you do yoga, you’ll sweat out toxins along with the toxic thoughts about your beautiful body, so sign up for a beginner’s class today.
- Viva Variety: Instead of only seeing the flaws in other women’s bodies along with your own, relish in the beauty of the different shapes and sizes that we all come in. Notice and appreciate your co-worker’s sexy flat chest or your friend’s seductive hips, and then remind yourself that they probably feel just as insecure as you! Most women share the exact same body image issues, so stop wishing you had what someone else does, and start appreciating everything you’ve got!
- Bask In a Brazilian: No, you certainly don’t have to be hairless in order to love your body, and if you normally see your waxer more often than you see your mom, maybe you should mix it up and skip your appointment this month. Our point is to try something bold and different and see how it changes your attitude. Even something like this that nobody but you (and one or two other special people) will see can put a sparkle in your eye and a sassy spirit in your step.
See the rest after the jump!
- Do Some Good: Nothing will make you feel better about your own body than volunteering at a children’s hospital or a women’s shelter. Many of us get so caught up in our insecurities that we forget to count our blessings, and seeing people who are really suffering will (hopefully) make you think twice before complaining about your thighs.
- Do a Spa Day: If your days are so busy that you can’t remember the last time you shaved your legs, it’s no surprise that you’ve forgotten how beautiful your body really is. You don’t even have to make any expensive appointments; just take a few hours to pamper yourself. Give yourself a manicure, try an at home moisturizing mask, take a long, steamy bath, enjoy rubbing luxurious lotion over every inch of your gorgeous skin, and see how sexy you feel after that.