Saving money is on all our minds right now, but if you're like me, the temptation to splurge keeps growing and growing. To help you tame that urge, I'm here to give you some ideas on how you can still pamper yourself, while pinching pennies at the same time. Check them out below:
- If you want to treat yourself to a new top or a new pair of jeans, shop online instead of at your local boutique. Most online stores offer free shipping, full credit refunds, and many sites don't charge sales tax.
- If manicures and pedicures were once part of your monthly routine, you don't necessarily have to forget about them altogether. Instead of dropping $30-plus every time you head to the salon, opt for a polish change (which is less than half the price of a full fledged mani/pedi) instead — do your filing and moisturizing at home!
- Going out for dinner is a nice treat and a great way to socialize, but it can get very expensive. It's still doable, though, as many restaurants are now offering meal deals, happy hour deals, even family-style deals. Do your homework and I bet you'll be happily surprised to see that eating out is still feasible.
To see two more ideas, just
- Drinking always adds to the cost of eating out, so choose restaurants that don't have a corkage fee and start BYOBing it!
- If travel is what you're missing most these days, check out all the fantastic deals the online travel industry is offering. Hotel prices have dipped — some are even giving away a few nights free — and airlines are offering discounted rates, especially if you fly mid-week.
Do you have any secrets up your sleeve? If so, share them with us below!