While a great date can lead to something really special, most of the excitement of going out with someone new comes from the anticipation that we build up beforehand. In fact, I’d even go so far as to say that much of a date’s magic begins building in the early stages — when you’re home getting ready. To see some of my ideas for this important dating ritual,
- Give yourself plenty of time! I think four hours is too much, but two might be too little. Sneaking in a pep talk phone call from a friend is part of getting ready as far as I’m concerned, so make sure to count that when trying to decide how much time you need.
- This may sound silly, but I actually think starting out your getting ready routine with a quick 30-minute workout is a great habit to get into. It’ll make you feel sexy, fit, and give your skin a perfect rosy flush.
- Obviously a shower is in order, and when I know I have something going on, I like to enjoy a long, hot one. You can clear your mind and give your body time to relax before the mad dash of getting dressed begins.
- While moisturizing, doing your makeup, and deciding on your attire, try blasting some of your favorite tunes. Choose something upbeat and positive. There’s nothing like good music to get you in the mood for a good night.
- When it comes to getting dressed, don’t wear something simply because you’ve been told it’s cute. Make sure it’s a choice that you feel good in, because the more attractive you feel, the more confident you’ll appear to your date.
Stay tuned for the rest of my tips for getting dressed and out the door on your next date!