Kissing is a universal language that needs no translation. It’s sexual, romantic, and . . . good for your health!
It's a bonding behavior that elicits a complete band of physiological processes that not only boosts our self-esteem but also our immunity. It’s a great way to connect with our partners, and, it also helps your state of mind.
Below are 5 health benefits of kissing.
- Kissing Diet: Kissing regularly can actually tone our cheek and jaw muscles. We burn at least 1-2 calories a minute during a kiss, using more than 30 facial muscles, which keeps us looking younger, and definitely happier!
- Relieves Stress: Passionate kissing stimulates the brain by relieving tension (lowering your stress hormone, cortisol) and producing a sense of well being, by increasing your oxytocin, a calming hormone that converts into euphoria.
- Boosts Immune System: Sharing germs with someone adds to your internal defense system. Saliva contains some potent proteins and bacteria that make a natural antiseptic, where the extra saliva washes bacteria off your teeth and reduces plaque, gingivitis and tooth decay — Bye, bye cavities!
- Blood Circulation: Kissing generates an adrenaline that makes your heart race, causing your heart to circulate more blood around your body, stabilizing your cardiovascular activity for healthier, glowing you!
- Finds the One: They say that a woman can tell if a relationship will work right after that first kiss; that’s because kissing someone releases a hormone known as pheromones, which conjures sexual attraction. Don't worry gals; prince charming is just a smooch away, that is, if your pheromones are on the same wavelength.