- Watch the first movie you saw together: Rent it, download it, whatever. It's nostalgic, charming, and cheap.
- Go straight to dessert: If dinner at your choice restaurant is too expensive, go there anyway but only for dessert.
- Make a mix: It may be the oldest cheap trick in the book, but a playlist is thoughtful, fun, and free. Try 8tracks and Playlist to create easy — and legal — mixes.
- Get thrifty: Head to thrift stores for something only he'll love.
- Make a day of it: Feb. 14 is on Sunday this year, so put the emphasis on day instead of night. Play boardgames, order takeout, and stay in bed all day.
Get the final three after the jump.
- Surprise him with concert tickets: While this may not be cheap, it's certainly economical. Especially if it's something you'd buy anyway. Plus, you get two exciting nights out of it!
- Send a Someecard: Never feel obligated to be earnest with Hallmark when there's Someecards! Might I recommend this?
- Make his favorite treat: Whether it's chocolate chip cookies or homemade potato chips, he'll love every bite of it.
What will you do to say I love, like, or will continue tolerating you?
Source: Flickr User Pipiten