Wild  author Cheryl Strayed has written a fair share about love, especially as the columnist behind "Dear Sugar ." Her relationship, dating, and sex advice — which was compiled in her book Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life From Dear Sugar  — is insightful, funny, and heartfelt. Here are some of our favorite love quotes from the author:
- "You will learn a lot about yourself if you stretch in the direction of goodness, of bigness, of kindness, of forgiveness, of emotional bravery. Be a warrior for love."
- "You cannot convince people to love you. This is an absolute rule. No one will ever give you love because you want him or her to give it. Real love moves freely in both directions. Don't waste your time on anything else."
- "The story of human intimacy is one of constantly allowing ourselves to see those we love most deeply in a new, more fractured light. Look hard. Risk that."
- "We have to be whole people to find whole love, even if we have to make it up for a while."
- "There are so many things to be tortured about, sweet pea. So many torturous things in this life. Don't let the man who doesn't love you be one of them."
- "Love is our essential nutrient. Without it, life has little meaning. It's the best thing we have to give and the most valuable thing we receive. It's worthy of all the hullabaloo."
- "You have to pay your own electric bill. You have to be kind. You have to give it all you got. You have to find people who love you truly and love them back with the same truth. But that's all."
- "I can't say when you'll get love or how you'll find it or even promise that you will. I can only say you are worthy of it and that it's never too much to ask for it."
- "Practice saying the word 'love' to the people you love so when it matters the most to say it, you will."
- "Compassion isn't about solutions. It's about giving all the love that you've got."
- "Her love was full-throated and all-encompassing and unadorned. Every day she blew through her entire reserve."
- "Go, even though you love him.
Go, even though he is kind and faithful and dear to you.
Go, even though he's your best friend and you're his.
Go, even though you can't imagine your life without him.
Go, even though he adores you and your leaving will devastate him.
Go, even though your friends will be disappointed or surprised or pissed off or all three.
Go, even though you once said you would stay.
Go, even though you're afraid of being alone.
Go, even though you're sure no one will ever love you as well as he does.
Go, even though there is nowhere to go.
Go, even though you don't know exactly why you can't stay.
Go, because you want to.
Because wanting to leave is enough."
We have some pin-worthy love quotes below, and find even more inspiring Cheryl Strayed quotes here .
Source: Instagram user cherylstrayed , Shutterstock