We know that dating can be like interviewing over and over for a job that you don’t want, but you have to take some responsibility for making the process of finding the one (or just one of many) so frustrating, confusing, and uninspiring. Not only are the behaviors below irritating the very men you’re trying to impress, but they’re making the whole process so much less fun for you! Quit this crap and your dating life will be so much hotter.
- Baggage Barfing: Quit spewing forth every nasty bit of your history on a first or second date. Of course you should be honest, but there some things he just doesn’t need to know right now, like the details of your recent bankruptcy or how heavy your last period was.
- Not Eating: If you are truly messed up about food then go get help, but if you order a side salad with the dressing on the side in order to seem more feminine and desirable, you are totally messing up! A real man is going to want a real woman who knows how to eat and enjoy a real meal.
- Sleeping with Everyone: If you sleep with almost every man you go on a date with and then wonder why you can’t find a lasting relationship, it’s because you’re sending out a hard-core slutty vibe. You are inadvertently telling these guys that you are nothing more than a sex toy. If you keep your pretty legs closed for a few dates and make sure you know his middle name before you find out the thread count of his sheets, your relationships will last longer and the sex will be even better.
- Failing to X the Ex: Do you want to hear all about how gorgeous or crazy or schizo your date’s ex-girlfriend was? We didn’t think so. Play by the golden rule and quit talking (and thinking!) about your ex boyfriend while trying to find a current one.
- Letting LSE* (low self-esteem) Rule: You are a Hot Chick and there is no reason for you to imply otherwise to anyone, especially your date! Don’t you dare say negative things about yourself like, “You can see my muffin top in these jeans,” or, “I don’t have that many friends; I’m kind of a loser.” Be confident, in the moment, and honest about all of your good qualities, and we’re pretty sure he won’t notice or care about the muffin top at all.