We're happy to present this excerpt from one of our favorite sites, HowAboutWe. Today, Alison Leiby has a handy quiz for you to find out if there will be a third date.
1. How did he ask you to go on a second date?
a. He called you and asked you out to dinner on Saturday night.
b. He texted, "U up?"
c. You waited outside of his apartment so you could "casually" run into him and then proposed going out again yourself.
2. What did you do for a second date?
a. Dinner at a cute restaurant that you had mentioned to him when you first met.
b. Ripped shots of rail liquor at a bar below his apartment because he was already there and asked you to meet up with him.
c. You planned a day of watching soccer and eating Vietnamese food, because that's what his profile says he's into.
3. Who paid on the second date?
a. He paid for everything, even splurged for champagne.
b. You split the bar tab, to the penny.
c. You paid for everything — and splurged for strawberry shortcake even though you're allergic.
4. How did the second date end?
a. He walked you back to your apartment where you shared a really romantic kiss.
b. He left your place early in the morning saying he had "a lot of stuff to do today."
c. He went to the bathroom halfway through the date and still hasn't come back.
5. How often are you talking to each other?
a. You message each other pretty regularly.
b. He texts you on weekends, but only after 1am.
c. You are constantly contacting him: texts, emails, calls, Facebook chats, Twitter messages, LinkedIn requests, inter-office mail.
6. What do you talk about when you're together?
a. Cooking, which is a shared interest.
b. The wild party he went to last week that was "loaded with models."
c. Mostly about him: when he wants to get married, how many kids he wants, if he prefers the suburbs or the city for raising a family.
7. What was his last text message to you?
a. "Great time tonight!"
c. It's taking too long to scroll back because all of the recent texts are from you.
8. What song best describes your last date?
a. "Everlasting Love"
b. "Part Time Lover"
9. What is his name in your phone?
a. His full name.
b. "Dave blue shirt"
c. "The Beau" with a heart next to it.
10. What is your name in his phone?
a. Your full name.
b. "Sarah uptown"
c. Do Not Answer
To find out what your results mean, head to HowAboutWe: QUIZ: Is There Going to Be a Third Date?
Check out these other great stories from HowAboutWe:
- Why the Sex on Mad Men Is Better Than the Sex on Game of Thrones
- Anti-Pervert Stockings For Young Girls Going Out
- This Prank Is SO Mean (But SO Funny)