It's pretty hard not to love Dolly. She dresses like a tramp and makes no apologies for it, acknowledging it's made her millions. From poverty to country music queen to beauty icon, she's beloved not just for her music, but also for being brassy, sassy, and self-deprecatingly honest. Who better to take advice from?
- On being a woman: "It's a good thing I was born a girl, otherwise I'd be a drag queen."
- On beauty: "You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!"
- On bad press: "I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb . . . and I also know that I'm not blonde."
Read the rest below.
- On self-image: "I'm not going to limit myself just because people won't accept the fact that I can do something else."
- On how to do with your life: "Find out who you are and do it on purpose."
- On success: "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
What's your favorite?