Now that Spring has sprung, it's time to start thinking about Summer! If you have plans to hit the beach, a comfy and flattering bathing suit is a must, but I'm with you if you're dreading that shopping trip. Before getting too discouraged, I have some easy tips for making bathing suit shopping as painless as possible. To see my dos and don'ts, just
- Shop with your body shape in mind.
- Bring a close friend with you if you need a second opinion.
- Get a spray tan before shopping — nothing is worse than trying on suits when you're feeling pasty white.
- Make sure the suit fits properly. If your top is too big, it won't do your girls justice, and if your bottoms are too small, it'll cut into your side — not a good look.
- Look in a three-way mirror so you can check out your backside.
- Choose a color or print that flatters your skin tone, hair, and eye color.
- Shop online (if the suits are returnable) so you can try them on in the comfort of your own home.
- Go bathing suit shopping on a full stomach.
- Berate yourself or fixate on what's "wrong" with your body — pay attention to the entire package.
- Forget that fluorescent lights never do you justice.
- Pay attention to the size of the suit. Most bathing suits run particularly small.