Are people getting dumber, or are we just hearing more about dumb people? This past week, I read two news stories about idiots calling 911 for nonemergency purposes. (One guy made a call because the restaurant he was at ran out of lemonade, and in another case, a drunk guy called 911 because a convenience store clerk wouldn't sell him booze.) If you'd like to hear crazy 911 tapes or read about these dumdums, then
- Woman calls 911 because Burger King won’t make her a Western Barbecue Burger the way she wants it.
- Drunk dude calls 911 because convenience store clerk won’t sell him booze.
- Woman in Birmingham, AL, calls 911 because two men are kissing on a bench.
- Man calls 911 because the restaurant he's at has run out of lemonade.
- Off-duty police officer calls 911 because he thinks the pot brownies he is eating are killing him.