Yesterday the crying-hippies video resurfaced on the ever-recycling Internet. (Well worth a watch!) Sobbing at the base of a North Carolinian forest, members of radical environmental group Earth First! cried for rocks and trees and pesky weeds that (they insist) are as alive as your typing fingertips. A young man cried until he wanted to scream. So he did.
But that's child's play! Environmentalists — extreme environmentalists — have more than tears and tree houses to show demanding Mother Earth. What does it take to go from eco friendly to eco terror? Check out my eight environmental no-nos, or do-dos (depending on your goal).
- Arson. Particularly setting new housing developments, car lots, and SUVs ablaze. Another? Horse slaughterhouses. Neigh!
- Not breeding because, obviously, Earth is better off without people.
- Harassing, sabotaging, and sinking whaling ships is as old as my first recycling bin.
- Poisoning bottles of POM Wonderful juice to protest animal testing. Guess it won't make you immortal after all!
To see four other acts of eco insanity,
- Raiding zoos and aquariums to kidnap animals.
- Endangering loggers and spiking trees to discourage logging.
- Forcing entry, harassing, and attacking university professors involved in animal research. Masks are optional but preferred.
- And bombs — a tried and true method of dissent. Even the worst bomb will get attention!