After Reese Witherspoon said she went out with a guy who corrected her grammar on a first, and last, date (who would correct Reese Witherspoon's anything?), I asked what your first date pet peeves were. From the too casual (letting you pay) to the overzealous (squeezing in the same side of a booth), here are your 10 first date no-nos.
- Not having suggestions when he's doing the asking
- Sitting on the same side of the table
- Taking up an offer to pay or split a check
- Checking his phone more than once or twice
- Suggesting a chain restaurant
- Chewing with his mouth open
- Asking to meet somewhere, rather than pick you up
- Talking negatively about anyone, be it an old girlfriend or people passing by
- Trying too hard (i.e. going to a ridiculously expensive restaurant)
- Talking about himself too much, especially while saying "it's all about you"
Have any to add?