We're happy to present this excerpt of a story from one of our favorite sites, YourTango. Today, find out which foods will spice up your sex life!With our crazy lifestyles these days, there are many factors that can contribute to a decrease in libido, including stress, toxicity from our environment, and poor diet. Poor libido often underlies a bigger issue like inflammation that can impair energy production and blood flow, both of which are important for a healthy sex drive.
If this is a concern of yours, there are many steps you can take to get your body reenergized, including adding some key foods to your diet. Although there are a number of so-called superfoods that specifically boost libido, if your current diet is unhealthy, simply eating them may not give you the result you're looking for. To boost libido organically requires that you obtain true health from within.
The good news is that you can incorporate some common foods into a healthy diet that will help to reduce inflammation, increase blood flow throughout the body, and raise your energy. In fact, these foods will not only help you feel better, they will also make you look better, which will do wonders for your libido. Here are six everyday foods you should be eating:
- Salmon. Wild-caught salmon is a great source of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA that help maintain the fluidity of our cell membranes. They keep our cardiovascular systems healthy by reducing inflammation, preventing excessive blood clotting, and keeping fats in the blood at healthy levels. Salmon is great grilled, broiled, or added to an omelet or salad. The same omega-3 fats are also found in other fatty fish like tuna, black cod, halibut, and mackerel.
- Avocados. Yes, avocados are high in fat, but they're also high in healthy fats like omega-9 and omega-3. They're anti-inflammatory, so they support a healthy cardiovascular system and blood sugar regulation. In addition, they're high in fiber and rich in antioxidants like vitamin C, the fat-soluble vitamin K, folate, and B vitamins. They're also a source of high-quality protein. To get a healthy dose of avocado, (rather than slathering guacamole on your beef burrito,) add avocado chunks to a tossed salad. The fats will help increase absorption of phytonutrients from your greens, carrots, and tomatoes.
For the rest of the article, head to YourTango: Six Sexy Foods That Will Boost Your Libido.
— Linda DiBella
More from YourTango:
- What Is "Honey Sex" and Why Is It Bad For You?
- She Wants More: Dealing With Sex Drive Differences
- How to Make Your Boyfriend a Better Kisser