Writer Gabriel García Márquez has passed away , but the Nobel Prize-winning writer will be forever remembered by the works he's left behind. The author of One Hundred Years of Solitude and Love in the Time of Cholera has written some passionate and thought-provoking quotes on love, so in honor of the literary icon, we're sharing some of our favorites.
Source: Getty 
Memories of My Melancholy Whores
- "Sex is the consolation you have when you can't have love."
- "Don't let yourself die without knowing the wonder of f*cking with love."
- "No matter what, nobody can take away the dances you've already had."
- "I always had understood that dying of love was mere poetic license."
- " . . . The invincible power that has moved the world is unrequited, not happy love."
One Hundred Years of Solitude
- "There is always something left to love."
- "He dug so deeply into her sentiments that in search of interest he found love, because by trying to make her love him, he ended up falling in love with her."
- "It's enough for me to be sure that you and I exist at this moment."
- "They were so close to each other that they preferred death to separation."
Love in the Time of Cholera
- "If I knew this is the last time I see you, I'd tell you I love you, and would not just assume foolishly you know it already."
- "She would defend herself, saying that love, no matter what else it might be, was a natural talent. She would say: You are either born knowing how, or you never know."
- " . . . Nothing in this world was more difficult than love."
- "But when a woman decides to sleep with a man, there is no wall she will not scale, no fortress she will not destroy, no moral consideration she will not ignore at its very root: there is no God worth worrying about."
- "The only regret I will have in dying is if it is not for love."
- "The problem with marriage is that it ends every night after making love, and it must be rebuilt every morning before breakfast."
- "My heart has more rooms than a whorehouse."
- " . . . One can be in love with several people at the same time, feel the sorrow with each, and not betray any of them."
- "Always remember that the most important thing in a good marriage is not happiness, but stability."
Of Love and Other Demons
- "Do not allow me to forget you."
- "This was when she asked him whether it was true that love conquered all, as the songs said. 'It is true', he replied, 'but you would do well not to believe it."