Editor's Note: The following is a guest post written by Emily Giffin, author of Something Borrowed and four other best-selling novels. After passing on her tips for gift giving, she's sharing 10 of her favorite presents to give and receive! Click on the pictures below to find out more about each. And for more from Emily, like her on Facebook.
- Anything from the Iomoi website. I especially love the Lucite paperweights (I recently selected "urchin pattern sky" for a friend). I also enjoy the cupcake return address labels for birthday cards I send to friends.
- A subscription to a magazine, from the New Yorker to Vanity Fair to UsWeekly. The gift that keeps on giving.
- Kate Spade iPhone and BlackBerry cases. Live colorfully!
- Liz Victory cosmetic cases and totes. Because you can't have too many totes — and every girl is in need of a fresh, non-stained travel case.
- A custom yoga mat for those friends who have the gall to be healthy. My favorite color combo is pink and preppy.
- A commissioned sketch or personalized note cards by Inslee. I adore her work so much that I have her sketches on the homepage of my website and also framed in my office.
See the rest below!
- A vintage toy or record. My publicist gave me a record player for Christmas, along with five of my favorite albums. And my best friend gave me the old-school game Simon because I remarked that it was my favorite growing up. Original edition books are always nice, too.
- Jonathan Adler is a great site for fun, affordable gifts (and more extravagant ones, too). I like the book "Wacky Chicks," both for my zany friends and the ones who could use a little more spice in their lives.
- A monogrammed towel from B.D. Jeffries, my favorite gift shop in Atlanta, which is also an excellent source for off-the-registry wedding gifts. Call and ask to speak to Haley; she will hook you up for any occasion.
- Elenis "All Made Up" iced sugar cookies for a little pick-me-up or your next Girls' Night Out. Perfect on May 6th when Something Borrowed comes to the big screen!
Here are some more favorite gift ideas from my Facebook friends!