Have you ever woken up with swollen fingers, or left a restaurant or bar feeling like your rings are just a little too tight for comfort? Well I certainly have so here are some tips to help avoid Edema, the medical term for excess fluid accumulating where it doesn't belong.
Click here to read more
- Salt is the number one thing that will make you retain water so be sure to watch your sodium intake
- Alcohol and caffeine are other factors that should be avoided if you're concerned with bloating
- Edema can be caused by a protein deficiency so up your protein intake and increase raw veggies - fiber is important to decrease swelling
- Exercise daily and take hot baths or a steam a few times a week to sweat out your toxins
- Make sure you are taking the right vitamins. Bromelain helps with swelling and digestion and any high-potency B-complex supplement will help reduce water retention
I hope these tips are helpful - and always remember to take off your rings before you go to bed since most people tend to wake up a little more swollen than normal.