Slipping on a new pair of shoes can make you feel like a princess, that is if they fit correctly! There is nothing worse than walking in shoes that you can't wait to take off, or as Oprah calls them, sitting shoes, so here are some easy tips to help you break in your new kicks.
Click here to read more
- When shopping, be sure to hit the shoe department last. Our feet swell throughout the day so you want to be sure to try new shoes when your feet are their true size
- Before purchasing, spend some time in the shoes. Make sure they feel good on the floor as well as the carpet (most stores will allow you to walk around the store) and if you are between sizes, always opt for the larger of the two
- Before wearing them outside, walk around your house in your shoes with a pair of socks to prevent blisters
- If you feel your foot slip, insert a pad in the toe of the shoe. Not only will this tighten up any gaping, but also it will provide extra cushion that your toes will thank you for later
- Wear your new shoes for at least an hour everyday if they are uncomfortable at first. This will allow your shoe to give a little, even mold to your foot without too much pain before you wear them all day at work or for a big night on the town
- Some shoes are obviously more comfortable than others; so once you find a designer that fits your foot well, stick with what you know
Whether you are buying a fierce pair of high heels or a new pair of running shoes, a good fit from the get go is imperative. Breaking in leather can be more difficult than other materials so be sure to carry band aids with you for the first couple of wears. Good luck!