In my August must haves post, I suggested treating yourself to some sexy lingerie - which I feel every woman should have. Now I know what some of you are saying, I am not a lingerie girl, I don't feel comfortable in lingerie, or I'm single and have no one to wear it for but lingerie doesn't necessarily mean risque garters and crotchless panties. Here are some tips on how to build a classy lingerie wardrobe.
Click here to read more
- Lingerie can be expensive, so build your collection slowly
- Every women should have plenty of the essentials: Seamless t-shirt bras, seamless thongs, seamless full back underwear -- in nude, black, and white -- and a few boy shorts for sleeping or lounging in
- Certain pieces of clothing require special underwear. Every woman should own a simple slip in black and nude, and a few different styles of Spanx and a deep v-neck cut bra. Nylons are a thing of the past, but opaque tights have made a serious come back so keep a few pairs handy in the cooler months
- Our body's shape changes constantly, so make sure you get a professional bra fitting regularly
- Once the basics are purchased, I recommend investing in a few sexy, more fancy pieces of lingerie. Since this kind of underwear isn't meant to be worn everyday (unless you're feeling extra saucy that is) splurge on a matching bra and panty set, a silk nightie, or an amazing garter belt and sheer silk stockings -- it's a great way to spice things up in the bedroom!
- Always hand wash your intimates and never put them in the dryer. Lay them flat to dry and wrap them up in tissue so they don't snag in your drawer