Choosing your wedding party sure can be a daunting task. While it would be nice to have all your friends and family stand up for you on your special day, a large wedding party is bound to take away from the bride and groom. Check out my tips on how to choose your wedding party.
Click here to read more
- It is a special honor to be a part of a wedding party and the bride and groom usually ask their best friends and closest family members to stand up for them on their wedding day
- Bridal parties can range anywhere from one attendant on each side to over a dozen, but it is important to consider how many guests will be attending your wedding before choosing your wedding party
- Most brides and grooms have a maid of honor and a best man, the most honored role a friend or family member can play in a wedding. Typically there is one maid/matron of honor and one best man, but it is not out of the question to have more than one
- Most often, every bridesmaid has a corresponding groomsmen, but that is more for symmetry than anything else. It is not the end of the world if you have uneven numbers standing beside you
- Your bridesmaids do not necessarily have to be all women, and vice versa
- Many women feel obligated to ask friends to be in their wedding because they were in theirs, or a distant cousin just because they are family, but weddings are no time for restitution. Ask the people closest to you
- Before asking your potential wedding party to participate, think about what you will be expecting from them. Wedding planning should be as stress free as possible, so don't choose a friend or family member who will be more trouble than help
- If you wish to keep your wedding party small or are stuck deciding between four friends for only two spots in your bridal party, remember there are many other roles your friends and family could play on your special day
- Once you have made your decisions, let your attendants know ASAP. You won't want any friends or family members to be assuming they are in your wedding when they are in fact not
I hope these tips will help you when determining your wedding party. This process can be somewhat stressful, so listen to your gut instincts and limit your attendants to the closest people to you and your soon to be hubby.