Garlic is one ingredient everyone loves to hate. While it tastes great, some people carry the unwanted smell for days. Garlic has been called a "wonder drug", known for curing everything from the common cold to warding off mosquitos. While there are many health and culinary benefits of garlic, one major downfall trumps all - the smell. Hopefully these tips will help minimize hard to prevent garlic breath!
Click here to
- Garlic can find its way into every pore of your body, so the only way to guarantee being garlic smell free is to sadly ban it from your diet all together
- Just like anything you eat, good oral hygiene will help prevent against bad breath
- Eating at least one spring of fresh raw parsley has been known to counter act some of the bad breath effects of garlic
- Chewing Cardamon seeds is another natural way to neutralize garlic breath. Cardamon has a strong taste, so before you over load up on this spice, taste it first
- If you have the smell of garlic on your hands, try rubbing a stainless steel utensil on your hands. The metal has been known to take away the smell of garlic off your skin
- Baking soda and table salt have also been popular known cures for ridding the smell off your hands. Simply rub either ingredient on your hands and wash off with water
Since there is no sure fire way to combat the smell of garlic, make sure to surround yourself with other garlic lovers and don't forget to pack mints in your purse!