If you're like me, you were lucky enough to enjoy a few days out of the office over the Thanksgiving weekend, but coming back from vacation can feel like a catch 22 since it makes getting back to the grind all that much harder. Here are some helpful tips that might help.
Click here to read more
- Keep in mind that you're not alone if you're struggling at work. It's always hard to get back into the groove so don't beat yourself up about it.
- Your co-workers and friends will no doubt want to catch up and chat about your break the first few days back, but if a rap session will put you even more off track, shut your office door, turn off your instant messenger, put your phone on do not disturb and don't respond to personal e-mails until the end of the day.
- Even though you are having a hard time settling back into work, the show must go on, so organization is key. The holidays are slow for some but considered the busy season for others so make a to do list and stick to it. Put out all the Thanksgiving fires first and then figure out what needs to be done before the Christmas holiday begins.
- Listening to music and zoning everything else out always helps me concentrate, so give it a try.
- If you get the after Holiday blues, plan something to look forward to and remember that Christmas is less than a month away!
I hope these tips help you this week and if it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat!