If you loathe the holidays, you're not alone. Many people suffer from stress during the Christmas season due to everything from parties to money, so here are some helpful tips to keep you in check.
Click here to
- Don't set your expectations too high or you will feel let down. Be sure to give yourself plenty of alone time this holiday season so you don't burn out too soon.
- The holidays are financially taxing so be sure to stick to your budget.
- It's common for people to put a lot of pressure on themselves during the holidays like hosting the best party, looking the best, having the best tree, etc. so take everything in stride and try not to get too caught up in the little things.
- There's a lot of pressure to be happy during the holidays but it's perfectly normal to actually feel the blues during this time. Try to focus on the good things and remember that it's OK if you're not always little miss perky.
- Finding time to see all your family or your significant other's family can be stressful so be sure to set limits on family time. The holidays are about enjoying each other so if you know that you can get along with everyone for just about an hour, don't push your luck.
- Be sure to leave room for intimacy with your significant other. Sure, the holidays are stressful, but the best way to reduce that stress? Lean on each other and love each other this holiday season.
I hope you find these tips helpful for the remainder of 2007 and if you all have any additional tips that work for you, please share them below.