Once your guest list has been finalized and the gifts start pouring in, it's time to walk down the aisle and have your inner celebrity shine through because it's all eyes on you! This day should be filled with celebration and joy, not worry or anxiety so here are some helpful tips to keep you calm and collected the day of your wedding.
Click here to read more
- The most important thing to remember is to get a good night sleep the night before the big day. You want to wake up feeling rested and clear headed, so skip out on that last glass of champagne at the rehearsal dinner
- On the morning of your wedding, treat yourself! Get a massage; get your nails and hair done, anything to make you feel beautiful and bride-like! This is one of those days where you can make it all about you, so enjoy yourself
- Since you are sure to be on a wedding day high, even some butterflies in your stomach, it is important to eat. Have a hearty breakfast or lunch and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
- It is helpful to write up a wedding day itinerary for the wedding party and family members so everyone knows where to be at what time
- Delegate. Put someone in charge of paying for the vendors, or handling the rings, even delivering your groom's gift. Your bridesmaids are there to help make sure everything is running smoothly, not add more stress. Be sure one of your maids knows how to bustle your dress and plan a meeting place to fix your dress before the cocktail reception so nothing happens to your train
- Wait until the last minute to put on your dress. You want to stay as comfortable as possible for as long as possible since wedding dresses are oftentimes tight and constricting
- Although you most likely have had multiple fittings on your dress, you probably haven't spent much time walking in it, so practice turning and moving around before you make your appearance
- Be sure to have a bridal emergency kit with you while you are getting ready. Put in some Advil or Tylenol, an extra pair of nylons, some Band Aids, a needle and thread, some safety pins, spot remover, hairspray, etc.
- Take some alone time. After you are made up and almost ready to go, take some time to reflect, maybe even have some private time with your parents, brother or sister, even best friend
Every bride is different and it is completely normal to have a million different feelings running through your body the day of your wedding, but the most important thing to remember is to have fun! Try not to get too get caught up in the small stuff and realize that not everything is going to go perfectly, some things are simply out of your control. Again, drink as much water as you can, and lean on your family and friends... that's what they are there for!