Since being alone can be scary for some people, and because even the most social person can end up spending a Saturday night alone every now and then, I’ve come up with a few ideas on how to enjoy such an evening by yourself. To embrace your solo side, just
- Don’t waste time trying to find someone to hang out with when you could be getting your own night started. Hours can go by waiting for a returned phone call, and I speak from experience when I say it’s not worth the wait.
- Try picking out an activity that you’ve been wanting to do for a while but never had time to do or could never find someone to do it with. It could be as simple as curling up with the newest issues of your favorite magazines or as exotic as a long drive to a beautiful spot to watch the sunset. Just make sure it’s something you really want to do.
- Let your body and mind have a rest by giving into the down time, and make it a complete detox night. Take a long hot bath, give yourself a pedicure, whip up something healthy, and pop in a yoga DVD.
- Or try going in the completely opposite direction. Opt for your favorite junk food and eat it in front of the TV while you catch up on all your favorite shows!
- And if you’re feeling particularly antsy, try doing something productive that will keep your mind off of things. Turn on your music and start organizing, or try your hand at baking.
No matter what you do, try to take advantage of your alone time instead of resenting it — you might be surprised by how good you feel the next day!