Finding the perfect apartment can seem like an impossibility, but in reality, it just takes time and dedication. If you're like so many people I know right now, in the thick of the housing search, see some of the tips I have for you to help this process be as pain free as possible.
Click here to read more
- If you don't have the time to do this kind of a search by yourself, sign up with a local rental company who specializes in finding the apartment that meets your criteria for you. They will alert you when apartments become available so you don't have to constantly be on the look out
- If you're like me and you want to see anything and everything, constantly check sites like Craig's List or read your local want ads for new rental availabilities
- Since most people use their weekends to drive around and look for For Rent signs, be the early bird that catches the worm and take a spin around your ideal neighborhood before or after work during the week to look for available apartments
- Make as many phone calls and make as many appointments as you can. Oftentimes landlords and property managers are not able to convey the right message about the apartment in the space allotted so it's important to see the apartments with your own eyes
- Figure out what's important to you in an apartment. Is it having a laundry room, a walk in closet, a bathtub, a dishwasher, a disposal, having a parking spot, a view, or is the location the most important thing you are looking for? Oftentimes, an apartment won't have everything, so prioritize your needs
- Finding the perfect apartment can be close to impossible, but finding the almost perfect apartment can be done so keep your expectations reasonable
I hope these tips are helpful if you are currently looking for a new roof over your head and if you have any other suggestions that I might have forgotten, please share them in the comments below.