Sometimes we aren't as prepared as we wish we were. Have you ever spent the night out and forgotten your toothbrush or gone out unexpectedly from work without being able to freshen up? Well I have, and there is nothing worse than facing the public with bad breath so here are some tips to make sure you leave with fresh breath even if you don't have a toothbrush!
Click here to
- Be sure to drink a lot of water. Dehydration can give you bad breath so be proactive and stay hydrated
- If you just ate, rinse and swirl some bubbly water around in your mouth to get rid of any lingering food particles in your teeth or the back of your tongue
- Certain foods actually cleanse your teeth so stick to apples, oranges, celery, cucumber, and lettuce if you won't be able to brush your teeth after a meal. Parsley and mint are great herbal fixes to getting fresh breath, but don't swallow them, just chew
- If you have toothpaste, but no brush, use your finger! It's not the best method, but it's better than nothing
- Flossing is crucial for fresh breath so even if you don't have your toothbrush with you, floss if possible
- Always keep gum or mints in your purse but make sure they are sugar free as the sugar can feed bacteria on your tongue
I hope these tips help the next time you forget your toothbrush and like always, if you have any tips that work for you, please share them below - the more we know about fresh breath, the better!