Do you crave that shiny, glossy model hair you see in magazines? Well, I sure do, so if you're anything like most women out there, here are some tips to get that crave worthy sheen.
Click here to read more
- Pollution, poor eating habits, dehydration, heat, and chemicals dry out your hair, so be sure you're getting the right nutrients and protecting your hair against environmental factors to help make your hair look healthy and shiny
- If you get your hair colored at a salon, always get a shine enhancing gloss or toner put on over your color. Not only will it make your color look better, but your hair will feel silky smooth for days
- Be sure to shampoo and condition with shine-enhancing products that contain natural ingredients such as jojoba and olive oils. Adding more chemicals will just dry out your hair
- Steer clear away from clarifying shampoos. They can strip your hair of your natural oils and moisture that is important for healthy hair. Don't wash your hair everyday - aim for three times a week and every other day at the most
- If you feel your hair has a lot of buildup, alternate with a different shampoo and conditioner
- If you can, let your hair air dry. Nothing is more damaging than heat from a blow dryer, curling iron, or straightener
- If you must blow dry, be sure to add a protecting agent to your hair before adding the heat. If you have fine hair, stick with a glossing cream which is lighter and if you have thicker, more curly/coarse hair, use a thicker anti frizz serum. When adding hair products, massage usually a quarter size amount evenly throughout your hair
- Shine sprays can make your hair look greasy, so add sparingly to the tips of your hair and avoid your scalp area as much as possible
There are many home remedies out there that I have not tried personally, but others swear by conditioning with mayonnaise, olive oil, avocado, even leaving conditioner in your hair overnight. If you have any that have worked for you, please share them below!