Even if it doesn’t feel like it in your part of the country, Spring has officially sprung. This year, in addition to dusting the cobwebs from your ceiling and cleaning out your closet, it’s time to start Spring cleaning your mind. Getting your emotions organized will only serve to make everything else easier — from the little things like saving for a possible Summer vacation, to the bigger things like being more optimistic. To check out some tips for getting your life in gear, read more.
- I’m all about to-do lists, and you should be, too! Not only are they a great way to see what needs to be done on any given day or for any specific occasion, they’re also a wonderful motivator. As silly as it sounds, seeing what you’ve crossed off already can give a great sense of accomplishment and it'll keep you focused, too!
- Get the big things out of the way first thing in the morning. Make that pesky gyno appointment and drop off that package at the post office before you even get to work. The longer you wait, the more excuses you’ll find to keep putting it off — over time these annoying things can transform into mentally burdensome worries.
- Set small goals, things that you can actually accomplish without a lot of difficulty. They’ll motivate you to finish the bigger ones. Try cleaning out your purse, organizing your personal email or taking that growing pile of clothes to a consignment store. It really is the little things that make the biggest difference!
- Do something relaxing for yourself. Not only can you use the down time to get your thoughts organized, but destressing is half the battle when it comes to getting your life in order. If you can’t do a spa day, take a long walk somewhere beautiful or grab a book and head to your favorite cafe.
- Work on being a little more positive each day, both in relation to yourself and others. It may take constant reminders, but a little optimism can go a long way for your physical and emotional health.